Mighty No. 9 Has Been Delayed - Aiming For Q1, 2016

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Mighty No. 9 Has Been Delayed - Aiming For Q1, 2016

There is no solid new release date for Mighty No. 9 but the team is aiming for Q1, 2016.

Some bad news greeted Kickstarter [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/mighty%20no%209?os=%20mighty%20no%209] first kicked off would know that its initially predicted release date of April, 2015, has come and gone. Now Comcept has announced via a backers-only forum post that the game has officially been delayed to an indefinite date in 2016.

"This is a project that would not have existed without the support of our backers, so we at least wanted to deliver this news to our backers before it is officially announced," wrote the forum post (via NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1090563]). "We are unable to confirm a final release date at this time, however we will be aiming for a release in Q1 2016. Once a solid release date is set, we will announce it immediately to our backers and fans."

Comcept insists that while "all of the core content for the game is developed and in a complete state," "there are still bugs and issues pertaining to the online features (of the game)" which is what is causing the holdup. "These bugs and issues have a direct affect on enjoyment of the game, so a decision was made to work these issues out before release."

The news isn't great, especially as it comes mere days after Keiji Inafune's other project: Red Ash [http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/3/9090917/red-ash-kickstarter-keiji-inafune], failed to meet its Kickstarter goal.

Source: NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1090563]

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Is this game ever coming out? Wasn't it funded a long ass time ago?

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
Now Comcast has announced
Yikes, Inafune is already pretty shady, but if Comcast was involved that'd just be horrible.

It seems like every time I hear something about Comcept they just keeping looking worse and worse. Recently their game, Red Ash, had an announcement during the last few days of the campaign that the game was getting publisher and that the kickstarter would be retooled for "extra features". Funnily enough, the publisher is some random Chinese electronics company that focuses on mobile games, making this game literally a Chinese knock-off of Megaman Legends.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
I'd actually heard murmurings of this before Red Ash finished/failed/bacon. It appears they held out on accouncing this until Red Ash's KS was over.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Uratoh said:
I'd actually heard murmurings of this before Red Ash finished/failed/bacon. It appears they held out on accouncing this until Red Ash's KS was over.
Well, guess it's good it didn't get funded this time around then. Would've just caused even more outcry about Inafune being Asia's Schafer(or Schafer the U.S. Inafune depending on who you ask) considering the delay for their first game still.

This game's been delayed like a year now, and every time I've said anything negative about it the last few months people have been telling me they backed it and had been able to play it and that there was just production and shipping left to do...I may hate being right at the wrong points in time, but I never get tired of being able to call bullshit.

Also the Steam page still says it's coming out September 15th with pre-orders still open as of right now. So that's nice.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Aside from pointing out that the game isn't made by Comcast, I have zero fucks to give.

It isn't Mega Man, maybe for a while we could have believed it would be, but what it has become is something I don't care about.

Hopefully Bloodstained turns out great.

*still waiting on Plague of Shadows* v_v

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Shitty news, but I'd rather they push back the release date so they can iron-out bugs than to go with the "release it anyway and patch it later" mentality that everyone's been complaining about with the Triple-A games. As Miyamoto (I believe) has said, a delayed game can eventually be good. It's kind of a catch-22. They could either release it with the bugs, and everyone will jump down its throat for being a glitchy mess, or they can delay it and everyone will jump down their throats out of frustration.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Shitty news, but I'd rather they push back the release date so they can iron-out bugs than to go with the "release it anyway and patch it later" mentality that everyone's been complaining about with the Triple-A games. As Miyamoto (I believe) has said, a delayed game can eventually be good. It's kind of a catch-22. They could either release it with the bugs, and everyone will jump down its throat for being a glitchy mess, or they can delay it and everyone will jump down their throats out of frustration.
Pretty much this. Of all the complaints I could have about this or any other crowd funded game(or any game at all really), being behind schedule isn't one of them. That's a publisher concern, not a consumer one. If they run out of funds without finishing the game, then that's a different story. Barring that, delaying is better than rushing out a product just to meet a self-imposed deadline.

StreamerDarkly

Disciple of Trevor Philips
Jan 15, 2015
#GamergateWasRight. C'mon guys, you can admit it just one time. While the complaints mostly centered around a horrible "community manager" that no business getting the job in the first place, they also touched on Inafune and the direction the game was heading from a design standpoint.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
This is just getting to be hilarious now.

4 million dollarinos and they still can't get it to even come close to releasing when they had expected

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
So they get a bajillion more dollars than they expect

Then announce, put out, and LIE about a kickstarter for ANOTHER game

Now they're delaying the original

Oh yeah. Keji Inafune has pissed away all goodwill that allowed MN9 to be funded.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Igarashi, please don't let my faith in you be misplaced. Given how transparent your campaign for Bloodstained was compared to Inafune's double disaster of MN9 and Red Ash, you've given me at least some hope. Please don't fuck it up.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Well, this isn't good news at all after other recent Inafune related events. The bug testers and programers fixing said bugs aren't necessarily working on concepts for the Red Ash game, the tie-in anime, or external relations with other companies, but the general public might not think that way. Comcept's handling of Mega Man Mighty No. 9 has been questionable in the past few months, and if that game isn't well received, Red Ash's success could suffer and faith in crowdfunding games could be seriously shaken.

Maybe that's why they delayed MN9. They want to make sure the game doesn't have any nasty bugs that could continue to make headlines long after praise of an otherwise good game would have subsided.

Coincidence or not, it's is still funny how they announced the delay right after the Red Ash Kickstarter ended.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Hmmm... See, I remember being a bit more understanding with the Red Ash thing but that's gone down the pisser now. Trying to gleam more money before you announce you've missed your release window by a whole YEAR and 'september' isn't happening any more? Sorry, that's some shady shit, I think Red Ash has zero chance of getting backed now.

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
'Not going to mention Red Ash is fully funded anyway, or that its companion anime's Kickstarter did succeed? The Red Ash game's Kickstarter was purely for extras in the end, so .. slightly misleading closing line.

Also I'm not.. seeing why people are quite so impatient and angry o.o When it comes out, it'll be out.. 'til then there's plenty else to do. I'd get mad if it were cancelled obviously, but.. And besides the original release estimate was for a vastly smaller game, wasn't it? Well whatever.