Throw a PS Home Dance Party in the Batcave

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Throw a PS Home Dance Party in the Batcave

PS3 owners who pick up Batman: Arkham Asylum will be in for a special treat: Exclusive access to the Batcave far beneath stately Wayne Manor in Playstation Home.

[gametrailers=55021]

Playstation Home may still have a bit of an identity crisis, but what it lacks in having a point or not-being-creepy, it makes up for in silly gimmicks. Case in point, the announcement that everyone who picks up Arkham Asylum for the PlayStation 3 instead of the Xbox 360 will receive exclusive ownership of their very own Batcave, lair and private sanctum of the world's greatest detective himself.

And then, uh, they can apparently decorate it with little couches and tables and love seats, gaze at virtual models of the Batmobile and the various Bat-gadgets the Caped Crusader has had over the years, and invite their friends over to Batman's secret fortress for a dance party.

I can't imagine that the Dark Knight would be very happy with that last one. Nor can I imagine why anybody would ever rather watch videos of Arkham Asylum in home when, by definition, they own the game and could be playing it themselves. I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say (gasp) that they really wouldn't.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I wonder if it will turn out anything like that article? (Home Alone Article [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_214/6355-Home-Alone])
Just a group of people telling others to get lost 'cos they don't fit into the bat-cave...

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Haha, I'm getting my own Bat Cave! Too bad I hate PlayStation Home and so will probably never see it. Unless maybe I get bored enough one day... will just have to wait and see. Heh, who am I kidding, I'll forget all about it well before then.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
I already own a Batcave.

And it is sweet.

My soulless automaton of an avatar will be so pleased...

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Ehhh... I never log into Home. It never offers me anything I want to come back for. I was in the closed beta, but the novelty wore off really quickly.

level250geek

Jan 8, 2009
It is for reasons like this that I am glad the 360 has no such service.

I would do nothing but crash the party and scream about how it's sacrilege to have A DANCE PARTY IN THE HOME OF BATMAN.

Seriously people. I know it's a virtual space, but it's still the Batcave. That's freakin' HALLOWED GROUND.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
The best part is, when you wake up the next morning, instead of finding out you hooked up with a stranger, you find out you have agreed to be the new batman.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Home isnt bad. But for me its too laggy and takes ages to load.

And also you have to pay for clothes.

And thirdly its like RPing on WOW. If your avatar doesnt have boobs, your not wanted.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Great, MORE PS3 EXCLUSIVES...

Why don't you just say that you have everyone else?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I have yet to explore my own Batcave, but as for the game itself it's pretty good, I have no real problem with it so far. As for HOME, it's a simple application you run every now and again, and it's nice to catch up on spaces and events and such.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
you know, i thought that the wii's plastic husks of uselessness you attach the wii mote to for... whatever reason was the silliest gimmick i've heard of, but this blows that out of the water while beating it with a screwdriver.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
hey this is twice today that the Escapist PS3 group has mentioned stuff before it was in the news room

the batcave is pretty cool tho, it's an awesome bonus for everyone to have that got the game. Resident Evil 5 also gives you free stuff for buying and beating the game in Home

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
cleverlymadeup said:
hey this is twice today that the Escapist PS3 group has mentioned stuff before it was in the news room
It's moderately quicker to mention something then it is to research and write, and edit an article. Then get it approved by the managing editor.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Apparently you only need to install Arkham Asylum to the HDD to get this, so you know Im going to convince my mate to let me borrow it for half an hour.
Say what you want about Home, but the opportunity to move out of my plain sea-view appartment and into the GODDAMN BAT CAVE is too good to pass up.

And why all the problems with Home, I log on every thursday after the Store updates to see whats new, watch some trailers, play some poker and find myself some decent Warhawk games to join.

Its not THAT BAD.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Kross said:
cleverlymadeup said:
It's moderately quicker to mention something then it is to research and write, and edit an article. Then get it approved by the managing editor.
And some of us (me) dont check the PS3 group (because I didnt know it existed). All my gaming news comes straight from the News Room, so Ill let them off being an hour behind the rest of the forums.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
nova18 said:
Kross said:
cleverlymadeup said:
And some of us (me) dont check the PS3 group (because I didnt know it existed). All my gaming news comes straight from the News Room, so Ill let them off being an hour behind the rest of the forums.
actually it's a week behind the group and over 3 weeks behind when it was originally announced