281: Fresh Frontiers

clarissa

Nov 18, 2010
Saladin Ahmed said:
Fresh Frontiers

The Ascendant Cities of the Late Twenty-First Century (Beijing, Mumbai, Istanbul, Sao Paolo)

The Game: A cyberpunk shooter/RPG hybrid. Players would step into the shoes and wetware of a nanotech-enhanced gun-toting industrial spy or company enforcer. A complex plot of corporate warfare, neo-terrorism, and government collapse unfolds against a backdrop of biotech innovation, proxy wars, resource scarcity, and corporate skullduggery. The player would shoot, sneak, and hack their way through a globe-trotting assortment of levels infused with local culture touches, ranging from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu experts to deranged Bollywood-obsessed assassins. The gameplay would consist of beefing up weapons systems and biotech enhancements, as they piece together the conspiracy that will eventually turn them against their corporate masters.

Read Full Article
That is a very comic idea. I imagine a strong protagonist, running in the middle of the Av. Paulista, fighting mutant snakes in Butanta Inst., or even sneaking into USP gigantic campus to subdue a college terrorist faction.

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
maan, I thought he was talking about a real game when he mentioned the middle eastern game, I went and searched the interwebs for "one thousand and one nights game". Spent 10 minutes before I realised it was a suggestion... :(

hem dazon 90

Aug 12, 2008
I liked your first idea the most,

but then I like most of your stories so that is no suprise.

You shoulda included the budayeen books as a reference for the last one though.