8 Anime Commenters Always Think Should Be on This List

Hayden_Russell

Aug 11, 2015
8 Anime Commenters Always Think Should Be on This List

No matter what, these anime always come up, so it's finally time they get their due.

Read Full Article

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
Glad to see I helped get Akame Ga Kill on here, if only because the series has no less than 10 women that would annihilate half the "Strongest Women" list, and two that would kill the ENTIRE list.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I vouch for Green Lagaan and Beserk. The rest are either I haven't watched yet or overrated (it was ok but not great).

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
lol now you're just not even trying anymore, are you? "8 Anime That Commentors Always Talk About."

Well I always come to these things to find fault with them, so this list is invalid due to lacking the following shows:

Bobobo
Rurouni Kenshin
Hellsing Ultimate
Ghost in the Shell

:3

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I've heard of Beserk and want nothing to do with it. It's too violent for my taste, so that kind of turned me off, but when I found out how the anime ends, I was just...well, let's just say I'm glad I hadn't been aware of it and following it. I understand that the story keeps going, and there's an effort to continue to anime springing up now, but damn...

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
You've always wanted to include black lagoon on a list and yet when there was a list of badass female character you didn't...

You can try "great black character in anime" next I guess.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Sniper Team 4 said:
I've heard of Beserk and want nothing to do with it. It's too violent for my taste, so that kind of turned me off, but when I found out how the anime ends, I was just...well, let's just say I'm glad I hadn't been aware of it and following it. I understand that the story keeps going, and there's an effort to continue to anime springing up now, but damn...
I'm not a fan of extreme violence either, but I can't ignore the clever story's and dialogue pieces. Also, the ending to the anime is maybe not everyone's preferred ending, but it doesn't get anymore dramatic.

Fucking love it and it easily tops the rest of the average sludge on the list.

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
Nazulu said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
I'm not a fan of extreme violence either, but I can't ignore the clever story's and dialogue pieces. Also, the ending to the anime is maybe not everyone's preferred ending, but it doesn't get anymore dramatic.

Fucking love it and it easily tops the rest of the average sludge on the list.
Whoa whoa whoa

Gurren Lagann and Akame Ga Kill are on there. Watch what you say.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
monkeymangler said:
Whoa whoa whoa

Gurren Lagann and Akame Ga Kill are on there. Watch what you say.
Honestly, it has been awhile since I watched a bit of them, but they just sucked so hard I couldn't care less. It's possible I might like them more these days, but I wouldn't put money on it. Watching those intro's again already put me off.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
monkeymangler said:
Glad to see I helped get Akame Ga Kill on here, if only because the series has no less than 10 women that would annihilate half the "Strongest Women" list, and two that would kill the ENTIRE list.
read the manga cause trust me the anime doesn't even come close to how bad ass those people are.

OT: the lack of outlaw star disturbs me..........

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
ecoho said:
monkeymangler said:
read the manga cause trust me the anime doesn't even come close to how bad ass those people are.

OT: the lack of outlaw star disturbs me..........
Oh, I read the manga too. Fortunately, the anime doesn't take away what badasses Akame and Esdeath are. It has a million problems, that isn't one of them.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Akame Ga Kill was decent until the developers seemed to hit the "Fuck it" point, departed the Manga plot from what I've heard, and basically seemed to try and barrel itself towards a bad end for the whole thing 'cause it wasn't worth the effort.

Guren Lagann... The description doesn't do it justice. That's how it starts off, which is great in its own right, but then it just goes balls to the wall insane. In the best way possible. Not for everyone, but definitely fun and had an important message with some good symbolism. Maybe its because at the time in my life that I watched it, the events of my life were 1 for 1 mirroring the main character's, but it really hit home, and is just fantastically crazy.

Was surprised to see Fate compared to Sword Art. Both are pretty different in tone, story and most aspects to be honest. Sword Art also receives a lot more not entirely undeserved hate than Fate does, though both have their avid fans.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013

Touche. I approve.

For the record, Berserk should be included on every good list.
Smilomaniac said:
Apart from Berserk and Claymore, is there any other brutal and gritty anime out there?
Nothing cutesy or comedic - I have elsewhere to go for that.
I can't really think of anything in fantasy. There's some good sci-fi stuff though.

Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade

Neon Genesis is a must watch. The disturbing aspects aren't shoved in your face, though. The more you think about it, the more horrifying it becomes:

Elfen Lied is probably one of the most graphic things I've ever seen. I had trouble finding an image I could post. Some people don't like it, but it sounds like it fits you taste. Watch the first two episodes and decide from there. If nothing else, it's unique.

If you want something a little more obscure, you could always watch Devilman. It was one of the biggest inspirations for Berserk, and it really shows.This may be right up your alley.

It may be really hard to track down, but the Narutaru manga really struck me. Criminally underrated. That ending. Wow.

It's like Pokemon, I swear...

Bakurano Ours was a pretty brutal anime/manga series. Very nihilistic. It influenced Madoka Magica, which was basically lighter, friendlier version of the same story.

Higurashi may interest you, though it's essentially just the anime equivalent to Saw. There's some really nasty stuff there.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Huh. That opening for Akame ga Kill was longer than the one it had on adult swim.
And that song for Berserk just didn't sound... right to me.
But well done on including Gurren Laggan and Black Lagoon.

Kyle Winston

Jul 22, 2013
My favorite anime of all time is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I also never thought of Gurren Lagann as overshadowed by anything. I heard of it long before I heard of NGE. The only mecha anime I heard of before that was THE mecha franchise, Gundam.

I am so glad Akame Ga Kill is getting so much love, though I (like most likely all other fans) think the manga is superior.

Darth_Payn said:
Huh. That opening for Akame ga Kill was longer than the one it had on adult swim.
For reasons I am uncertain of, Adult Swim edits the openings and closings of shows.