8 Anime Commenters Always Think Should Be on This List

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Isn't this just the list of overrated anime that people won't shut up about? A couple of these are merely okay, the rest are junk.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Kyle Winston said:
My favorite anime of all time is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I also never thought of Gurren Lagann as overshadowed by anything. I heard of it long before I heard of NGE. The only mecha anime I heard of before that was THE mecha franchise, Gundam.

I am so glad Akame Ga Kill is getting so much love, though I (like most likely all other fans) think the manga is superior.

Darth_Payn said:
Huh. That opening for Akame ga Kill was longer than the one it had on adult swim.
For reasons I am uncertain of, Adult Swim edits the openings and closings of shows.
From what I can gather: Time constraints/advertising obligations. If you ever come across a show on Toonami that doesn't cut the OP or ED, it's most likely because there's something in the contract specifically telling them not to. For example: Bleach or Shippuuden.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Visions of Escaflowne to me is the embodiment of everything why I don't like the Japanese mecha genre. It fleshes out so much, but when it comes to the action it's static and so, so meh. The combat is so boringly animated.

At one point two important characters were poised to square off on some kind of moving vehicle and I was all "Here we go!" And then they just...ran into each other, went all "Grrr let's strain our melee weapons against each other!" and they cut away until it was resolved. What the hell?

Also, those noses are weird.
RJ 17 said:
I... What... Why would you even... What.

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
Kyle Winston said:
My favorite anime of all time is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I also never thought of Gurren Lagann as overshadowed by anything. I heard of it long before I heard of NGE. The only mecha anime I heard of before that was THE mecha franchise, Gundam.

I am so glad Akame Ga Kill is getting so much love, though I (like most likely all other fans) think the manga is superior.

Darth_Payn said:
Huh. That opening for Akame ga Kill was longer than the one it had on adult swim.
For reasons I am uncertain of, Adult Swim edits the openings and closings of shows.
Time constraints. Though the first episode with a new opening always gets the full opening. Endings are usually cut a little short.