282: Ghost-Type Story

Attelia

Dec 23, 2009
It's too late to be reading this...

Psychological horror works best when the recipient has emotional ties to something, then travesty occurs. Making emotional bonds is hard, so most "horror games" either nail it or fail it. Pokemon wouldn't even have to try.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
I challenge readers to read the story while listening to this... "remix" of the Lavender Town Theme.

If you want even more fright, read the description that goes along with it.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
imma going to let you finish but herobrine is the scariest video game legend

five points if you know who he is and another bonus point if you can get the meme that making a joke about

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Georgie_Leech said:
I challenge readers to read the story while listening to this... "remix" of the Lavender Town Theme.

If you want even more fright, read the description that goes along with it.
Challenge accepted! doing that now

webfox100

Oct 28, 2008
I don't have any scary Pokémon stories, I got 1 or 2 victory stories but nothing grand.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
'bit by bit' Dat pun.

OT: Great article, now I want to go actually make this.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
the captcha: braaains! has given me an idea, why not make a Dark Souls version of the game. You catch Pokemon alive, and, if they or you faint, they become hollows. Only by offering a trainer's soul may you reverse one hollowing, your soul included.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I thought after reading this what if you could use the Sliph Scope on Ghost in the final battle but I remembered you couldn't use items and you didn't have any Pokemon so Pokemon Black Version is supposed to be for the sake of Halloween but can be played for any reason at anytime you wish like Slender.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
This was an interesting Creepypasta when it first appeared, but I always thought there was better. Of course then again I've never played much Pokemon.

To be honest I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more done with video games in horror, they made an attempt a few years back called "Stay Alive" which turned out pretty bad (and stood out mostly for having Elizabeth Bathoroy as the bad guy), but otherwise it seems to be far more neglected than I'd expect with all the techno-haunting movies about video recordings, websites, found footage, EVP, etc...

The problem with the whole "Ghost Black" concept that occured to me, and also prevented it from working on it's intended level (besides not being a Pokemon player) is that the set up is bad. Even allowing for this article being written two years ago, consider that Pokemon Red is an old game, the odds of someone old enough to have played it originally being into Pokemon to buy the cart out of nostolgia, and what's more play through the entire game again seems to be pushing it a bit, especially as it would have required a very old gameboy system which the writer would have needed to have sitting around in working order. To me it always seemed like an implausible discovery, like a lot of second rate creepypasta, many of which beg the question of "if this is true, how would anyone know about it to relay the story".

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
DktrAgonizer said:
I read this story ages ago. It was so creepy, especially with the music from Lavender Town playing throughout it! I love stuff like this.
Lavender Town's music freaked me the hell out. I had to kill the sound to get through that damn tower.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
If Pokemon are going to haunt me for the rest of my life after I inevitably put down the cartridges forever at some point, I'm going to have some sleepless nights...

._.