Mass Effect: Andromeda to Release in March

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Mass Effect: Andromeda to Release in March

Mass Effect: Andromeda will launch on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on March 21.

leak from October [https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass-effect-andromeda-coming-in-march?utm_campaign=mea_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_mea-releasedate-040116-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=28373&ts=1483554200403], when Dark Horse Comics listed "The Art of Mass Effect: Andromeda" on Amazon.com, with the Amazon blurb stating that it would "release simultaneously with the game."

In a blog post [https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass-effect-andromeda-coming-in-march?utm_campaign=mea_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_mea-releasedate-040116-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=28373&ts=1483554200403], Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare, stated that Andromeda is the "most ambitious Mass Effect game to date."

"We're telling completely new stories, creating new characters, new planets, new species, and introducing new gameplay systems," wrote Flynn, adding that the game is "a tremendous graphical jump."

Originally expected to release last year, Flynn said back in May [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167401-Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Delayed-to-2017-BioWare-Confirms] that Andromeda would "ship in early 2017," as the company needed " the right amount of time to make sure we deliver everything the game can be and should be."

Fans got their first look at Mass Effect: Andromeda gameplay this year at no plans to launch the game on Nintendo Switch [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168955-Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Gameplay-Trailer], with BioWare producer Michael Gamble saying only that "If the Switch launches and everyone's just yammering for Mass Effect, who knows."

[gallery=6749]

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
We're telling completely new stories, creating new characters, new planets, new species, and introducing new gameplay systems
Doesn't that apply just as well to the transition of ME1 to ME2?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Open world... crafting system... we don't need these...

Also, holy shit those facial animations are terrible.
Code:
:I
After the third game I lost all interest in the series, and I don't think this trailer changed my stance.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
I'm not going to bother with this one at all.

Sorry, I'll just wait for Ace Combat 7. It's the only 2017 release I give a poot about.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Going against the tide here. I for one am excited as heck for this game! March is so close too, but still so far

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Release on March? Great, I can't wait for December to buy it patched and on sale!

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
Nope, I still have absolutely no interest in this.
And gosh dang everyone HAS TO KNOW HOW LITTLE I WANT THIS GAME YOU GUYS

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
And yet we barely know anything about the game.

I didn't follow DA:I's development, but DA2 and ME3 both had demo close to launch.

Wonder if it will. Afterall, they did close their forums to avoid backlash.

Cether

Mar 29, 2011
I don't want "ambitious". Dragon Age: Inquisition was "ambitious". I want a well crafted focused story. I want areas that have a reason for me to want to wander through them other than "lol go collect 3/84 of collectible 14". I loved the original Mass Effect series, but DA:I was a really huge misstep and from the *Very* little I can find about this game Bioware seems to want to focus on open world exploration, which is not something they have ever done well. They just don't know how to make big open areas and make them interesting enough to want to explore.

From Tatooine to the Deep Roads to the Mako to DA:I's everything, Bioware just doesn't know how to make big open areas an enjoyable experience.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
What? Neither of those are my birthday. It's probably somebody else's far less deserving birthday who gets to have sweet virtual alien nookie with blue humanoid (but totes safe to intercourse with) alien instead of me. Damnit it bioware...I need a damn pandering or two! A flock of pandas if you can. And if I can romance the main antagonist as a positive ending, even better. I bet its' alien scales taste real zingy on the end of a tongue in a dark room. Might even induce some elated hallucinations like that last one. Actually, I'll have the pandas AND the antagonist in one horrific lust-fueled ending. Bioware? ...You listening??

Bioware???

*Sigh* Where's that damn death/bomb threat template again...

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
American Tanker said:

Sorry, I'll just wait for Ace Combat 7. It's the only 2017 release I give a poot about.
HELL YEAH! Back to strangereal! Hopefully we won't be following a bunch of kid trapped in a castle and a stay at home mom...

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Good need to play something decent after the disappointments of FFXV and The Last Guardian.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Meiam said:
American Tanker said:

HELL YEAH! Back to Strangereal! Hopefully we won't be following a bunch of kid trapped in a castle and a stay at home mom...
Well, from what I've read over on DualShockers(great website), a lot of the major players from the PS2-era Ace Combats are coming back to work on AC7.

So yeah. Perfect reasons to be excited, I think.

Shadefyre

Mar 25, 2008
That trailer they put out certainly didn't look like a "tremendous graphical jump" since Bioware still can't make humans that don't look like macabre corpse puppets. Which they don't seem to know considering how often they like to do close up angles in cutscene conversations. I'll probably still play it though.

Dunc2j

Jul 19, 2010
I'm excited.....but cautious. I truly loved the first 3 (Except you know, the obvious parts) and honestly wish that they had decided to leave the universe alone or at the very most do a prequel. But if it delivers on what its promising it will be a cool sci fi action RPG set in a universe that I love, if it is pretty much that then no complaints from me.

Though I will wait to buy once I know how well the PC version is running, but frostbite games are normally fine. Damn well better run perfectly on my fairly new 1070!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Wait for the reviews excited people. Wait for Yahtzee and Jim Sterling to tell us everything that's wrong with the game before throwing your money at EA.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Huh. That's rather soon for a game that released gameplay only a month or two ago.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Kreett said:
Going against the tide here. I for one am excited as heck for this game! March is so close too, but still so far
And gosh dang everyone HAS TO KNOW HOW MUCH I WANT THIS GAME YOU GUYS

Look at me! I can do it too!

OT: I liked the idea of being the invaders in a foreign galaxy and having that set the tone. I just hope they actually do a lot with that idea. I never buy games at full price, so I'll be waiting quite a while to get this. Plenty of time to see if it's any good and for the inevitable bugs to be fixed.