Mass Effect: Andromeda to Release in March

meirol

Feb 14, 2012
Kreett said:
Going against the tide here. I for one am excited as heck for this game! March is so close too, but still so far
Kreett said:
Adam Jensen said:
Nope, I still have absolutely no interest in this.
And gosh dang everyone HAS TO KNOW HOW LITTLE I WANT THIS GAME YOU GUYS
He's sharing his opinion, same as you did.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
That is a lot earlier than I expected it to be, I was thinking closer to June or July. How long have they actually been making this thing?

Nov 28, 2007
Gordon_4 said:
That is a lot earlier than I expected it to be, I was thinking closer to June or July. How long have they actually been making this thing?
It was officially announced at E3 in 2014, so at least 2 and a half years, but probably more like 3.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
thebobmaster said:
Gordon_4 said:
It was officially announced at E3 in 2014, so at least 2 and a half years, but probably more like 3.
From Nvidia Press Con at CES2017: 5 Years inc. pre production.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
...Eh.

They've mostly sapped my will to both enjoy or purchase the title with their previous decisions.

Not to mention their antics as a company. Which is God damned depressing for a dev I'd loved for almost half my life.

So...let's wait for reviews.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
thebobmaster said:
Gordon_4 said:
Fuck me, time flies doesn't it.

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
Eh, barring an absolutely trash PC port, I'll probably end up getting it launch week. I'm a sucker for Mass Effect like that. So long as they manage a few interesting characters alongside the protagonist (And that's at least one skill Bioware doesn't seem to have completely lost yet) I'll muddle through it.

Still holding out hope that its not *that* bad. I can do wonky facial animations. I'm willing to give the new mobile combat a try. Not excited about crafting mechanics, but not really adverse to them either (I mean, I spent a fair bit of time in the first game grinding out credits for tier ten Specter gear, I think I'll live grinding out alloys for some recipe). The Mass Effect I fell in love with back in the first game's been dead for a long time. I'm just hoping this latest game to take on the mantle is fun on its own.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Chefsbrian said:
I mean, I spent a fair bit of time in the first game grinding out credits for tier ten Specter gear, I think I'll live grinding out alloys for some recipe.
I can't remember where I saw it, but there was a ME2 comic panel of a random crew member asking Shepard if hollowing out a planet was worth it for the sub-machine gun upgrade. But continuing your idea, I recall EA saying that you could send your crew off to do material harvesting while you were on a mission, but the gameplay showed Ryder doing all the component harvesting. Maybe the Tempest's guns needed re-calibrating.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
As someone who actually really liked Mass Effect 3... I really don't like the look of this.

Maybe I still feel burned by Dragon Age: Inquisition, but something about Andromeda just looks like Inquisition in space. Can't imagine that i'll be getting this anywhere near launch day.

I just can't be bothered to go on another collect-a-thon for crafting materials and boring collectibles. I'll wait for reviews, but im already setting myself up for disappointment.

Regardless: Theres a new trailer here
PS - That menu UI looks atrocious to navigate

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Meiam said:
HELL YEAH! Back to strangereal! Hopefully we won't be following a bunch of kid trapped in a castle and a stay at home mom...
You'll be flying with the angels either way. ;p

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Mass Effect and MLB The Show 17 both coming out in March. March is going to be fun.