Fallout 3 DLC Fans Rewarded With Free Theme

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Fallout 3 DLC Fans Rewarded With Free Theme

If you purchased Fallout 3 and all of its downloadble content, you've stuffed $110 in Bethesda's pockets. To thank you for your generosity, the company is issuing a free premium Xbox 360 dashboard theme.

It certainly seems like a nice gesture (given that the only other way to acquire the theme will set you back $3), but those fans who purchased the Fallout 3 Game of the Year package in an effort to consolidate all that excess data are out of luck. According to Bethesda, this theme is only for those truly devoted fans who have forked over the most cash.

Actually, it sounds a lot less sinister coming from Fallout 3 game director Todd Howard. "This is something we've been asked about a lot and we're happy to finally be able to bring it to fans as a small token of our appreciation," he says.

If you're eligible, keep an eye out for a token offering the download beginning October 1.

Textbook Bobcat

Sep 9, 2009
Personally I'd rather continue waiting until 30 October for the Game of the Year edition and save 5x 800 MSP than have a theme that I'll see for 1% of my gaming time.

At least it's something to make those people that bought all the DLC feel better though, kudos.

Pillypill

Aug 7, 2009
Textbook Bobcat said:
Personally I'd rather continue waiting until 30 October for the Game of the Year edition and save 5x 800 MSP than have a theme that I'll see for 1% of my gaming time.

At least it's something to make those people that bought all the DLC feel better though, kudos.
What!? i thought i only had to wait 'till oct 13th! crud!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
That's pretty cool, although a little bit prickish to not also give it to those who bought the GOTY edition seeing as it's essentially the same.

Although as they spent less it means they could afford to just buy the theme anyway and still have spent less.

BigT65

Jul 1, 2009
Damn, I thought it was out now, probably should've read the whole thing first.

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
Looks like I'll be the first person to post here without making a complaint, thanks Bethesda :D I look forward to my new theme!

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
I think they need to give me a new car for waiting for the PS3 DLC to come out. Which I'm still doing.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
I am scared to think how many people are going to be so stoked to get a free theme go out and buy all of the things. Although it isnt a bad gesture so go bethsoft my faith in you has grown extremely slightly. You get to be in the positives when you release the next elder scroll.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Anyone know if those of us with a complete set of the PC DLCs will be eligible for this?

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Meh. I'm kind-of planning on eventually getting all the DLC for Fallout 3- even though I'll have to periodically re-order it from Gamefly, which is annoying, but this isn't too bad of a reward. I may have to give Fallout 3's DLC another look...

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
"I paid a ton for all this DLC and all I got was this theme on the side."

I'll be fine getting the Game of the Year edition. It is awesome of them to give a nod to those who were prompt about getting all the DLC. *golfclaps*

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
I played though Mothership Zeta. I deserve a new fucking xbox just for that.
That is bloody brilliant.

Although when told of this gift the first thing that pops into my head is "What the fuck is a theme?" Ever since the dashboard changed, the majority of the screen is grey with the scrolling boxes covering up another part. I am glad that I never paid for any theme.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Hmm, not bad. Granted, as has been said, you tend not to see a lot of your dashboard themes when gaming but if it's free (for those of us that picked up the DLC off XBL pronto anyway) then I can't really complain...

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
That's a pretty cool idea, and a nice gesture considering they could have just said "fuck you". I hope I qualify even though I only have 4 of the 5.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
AkJay said:
what about PC gamers? or PS3?
I was wondering that very same thing. I guess my dollar doesn't mean shit to Bethesda. :/

And while getting a free theme is nice (for 360 users, of course), it feels like a sort of cheap gift given that any schmuck can just buy it for a measly $3. So in the end it would still kinda feel like an empty gesture seeing that someone could just buy the GotY edition, then buy the theme, and they'll have still spent nearly half as much as everyone else.

Surely these themes can't be so hard to create that if they wanted to reward the dedicated fans, they couldn't have just given us a unique theme unique to this offer? It'd be minor enough that people who aren't die hard fans of the game would still shrug at not getting it, but enough of something so that the fans who have been buying content from day 1 would know they have something that few other Fallout 3 players have.

But whatever... maybe I'm just ranting because I feel a little jaded as a PC gamer.