299: The Bolshevik in the Borderlands

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
I really liked this article. It says something that a lot of people know subconsciously, but can't quite come up with: Art doesn't have to be in your face. Little touches, here and there, make a big difference.

MC K-Mac

Oct 23, 2010
I love Borderlands to death. I think it's my favourite game of all time. I got literally hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of it.
That said, this article made exactly one point point that hasn't either been made multiple times or is blindingly obvious: The landscape tells a story.

So uh, good job, I guess?

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I love Borderlands and the characters made it even more enjoyable. Tannis is hilarious with all her insane ramblings and Scooter was actually pretty funny too at times.

I try and tell people how awesome this game is, unfortunately the people I know are not that much of a fan for this type of game, yeah I know you have to search for the good stuff, but it's totally worth it.
I know what you mean, once you start finding decent weapons, it gets really addictive - but not in a typical loot grabbing way. I find myself only taking guns that are worth a lot of money, or are good enough to replace one of mine. I do prefer to play split screen 2 player mode, because that way you can put dibs on a decent weapon - like keep an eye on the other player, to see what loot they're getting. We played it using a projector, so the half-screen wouldn't be a problem, it looks bloomin awesome through it thanks to the chunky and defined graphics.

I can't wait til September for Borderlands2, in fact I've started playing Borderlands again, to tide me over - it's funny how easy it is to forget how great it is.