2K Teases XCOM with Citizen Skywatch ARG

Tanki

Oct 18, 2010
Tdc2182 said:
Sober Thal said:
Xzi said:
Sober Thal said:
In before the 'OMG XCOM iz difirent!!!!!' hate.

Weird promo stuff never impresses me. I want the game because of the tactical and rpg play, not some odd internet sites.
Doubt there's going to be much tactical or RPG play in this shooter. Fail ARG for a fail game will fail. With any luck.
Your doubts are unfounded. That or all of the interviews with the devs at the last E3 were a lie. Time units, alien research, the 'tactical mode' have been in development for over a year. A lot of people are just blinded with rage over it not being a remake of the first couple of games in the series.

EDIT: They specifically say you can't play this game as a run and gun shooter too.
That and then there was Fallout 3, which did the exact same thing and managed to get that "Game of The Year" award.

But you know, no one cares about that.
There is no way you can compare the FO3 games to what they have done here. FO3 keeps the lore, rpg elements, and the general feel of the originals. What they have done here has nothing in common with the original X-Com (UFO: Enemy Unknown) other than the name. If you have never play the original then you have no right to talk in this area.

Alphakirby said:
OK! Let's try this again in the classic XCOM fashion and have another fucking studio shut down because the majority of people will say "ZOMGZ I LEIKED THE SHOOTER IDEA NOT THIS ****** STRATEGY SHIT! WHERE'S THE CHEST HIGH WALLS,THE GREY AND BROWN,THIS GAME IS TEH SUXX00rZ AND I WON'T BUY IT!"

But then again,I am a cynical man who does not believe in the human race surprising me anymore.
Learn your history before you say such things you ignorant prick.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Tanki said:
As I said,I am cynical. Was my comment ignorant,yes.
Was it bias,yes. I cannot help that,we're all human,we've all been "ignorant pricks" time and time again,it's what happens.

Yes,that was an ignorant comment full of bias,does that make me an ignorant prick because I sometimes make bias comments,I don't think so.

EDIT: Almost forgot to congratulate you on your post reviving this thing from the dead.
Congrats.

Tanki

Oct 18, 2010
Alphakirby said:
Tanki said:
As I said,I am cynical. Was my comment ignorant,yes.
Was it bias,yes. I cannot help that,we're all human,we've all been "ignorant pricks" time and time again,it's what happens.

Yes,that was an ignorant comment full of bias,does that make me an ignorant prick because I sometimes make bias comments,I don't think so.

EDIT: Almost forgot to congratulate you on your post reviving this thing from the dead.
Congrats.
The prick part is my own opinion, but the ignorant part is fact. Those studios shut down because they were bought out and the new owners decided to scale down the operations due to financial statistics. Many games and projects were canceled when this happened, X-Com games were amongst them. X-Com: Alliance and X-Com: Genesis were canceled in a similar take over and replaced by X-Com: Enforcer. You are no longer ignorant to this, congratulations.