$3 Cthulhu RPG Makes It Out Before 2011

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Cthulhu Saves the World??

It's cute and cleaver and all but bollocks to that rot.

Mako SOLDIER

Dec 13, 2008
Bought it, loving it, but must sleep now as I have to be up early and don't want to actually go insane from sleep deprivation :D

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
BehattedWanderer said:
FalloutJack said:
Develop it for the PS3 and THEN ask me to get excited.
It's kinda bugging me that all of these little fun games keep coming out only for the 360. I have yet to find enough games to validate the purchase of a 360, yet I am continuously taunted by it's Live Market full of indie games. PSN works just as well for the distribution of small games, devs, so how about throwing some love towards it, eh?
The huge difference is that XBLIG has literally no MS-side screening process. Any other console development license (including regular 360) requires getting approval by the console manufacturer. You will quickly see why though, the average quality seen on XBLIG is awful. You think Rogue Warrior is the worst game ever? You ain't seen nothin'. However due to the sheer numbers involved there are enough good to great games on the service to justify its existence. Just keep in mind that XBLIG devs are tiny/low budget even by App Store standards, AFAIK no game has sold even 100k on there and yet prices are on the 1$ level.

One of my personal favourites is unRevolutionary, it looks unremarkable at first but the devil is in the details. The level progression is very well made and the special abilities your ship can gain make a massive difference to the tactics you use.

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
Loving this game so far, it improves off of Breath of Death VII's already solid foundations and makes it's own unique spin on it. Love Cthulhu's line about whether killing annoying heroes counts as being a hero. XD

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I only just spotted this game on Indie Marketplace! BoDVII was brilliant so I purchased right away! Kind of hoping for a Dem cameo but the new characters are great so far so I won't be too hurt if there isn't one.

Darksqueee

Apr 21, 2010
This game is absolutely incredible. It's a satirical take on both the old-school RPGs (e.g. Final Fantasy I, Dragon Warrior, etc.) with Lovecraftian references everywhere. The fact that it isn't completely serious about itself and that it can be meta SUCCESSFULLY is what makes the game so great, and certainly worth the $3.