Ecko Boards Halo Bandwagon With ODST Hoodie

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Ecko Boards Halo Bandwagon With ODST Hoodie

Simultaneously embracing "people who love Halo 3: ODST" and "people who are cold," Ecko has launched a line of hoodies with design cues taken from Bungie's newly-released shooter.

Ok, I know what you're thinking. You're looking at this thing, glancing over at the black hoodie you have hanging in your closet, and thinking "um, isn't that really more of a windbreaker? Or maybe a light rain jacket? Perhaps a space age gender neutral pettycoat?"

Doesn't matter. If Mark Ecko says its a hoodie, it's a hoodie, dammit.

And, of course, the garment's similarity to the actual armor seen in Halo 3: ODST is questionable if only because I'm pretty sure that thing couldn't stop small arms fire. I'm willing to rethink my position if it makes that familiar "shield recharging" noise every time you accidentally bump into the side of a cabinet, but as it stands, the "hoodie" is a pretty pale imitation.

Not that that will have any affect on its viability in the market. Marc Ecko may not know games [http://www.atari.com/gettingup/], but he does know how to sell clothes to psuedo-urban manchildren, and if you can think of a better descriptor for the legions of Xbox 360 owners skipping work to play Halo 3: ODST as we speak, I'd like to hear it.

If you'd like to literally wear your allegiance to Microsoft's biggest franchise on your sleeve (and back, and chest), Ecko will happily charge you $88 for one of these [http://www.shopecko.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3632422&cp=2441351.3165999.3315013].

(Via Geeky Gadgets [http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/ecko-halo-3-odst-master-chief-hoodie-23-09-2009/])

(Image [http://www.shopecko.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3632422&cp=2441351.3165999.3315013])

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
That's...pretty ugly. Might wear it for hiking trips depending on how light and warm it is but it's not the sort of thing you'd catch me wearing around town.

It's a shade of poop for god's sake!

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I'm with Amnestic on this one.
it's damn ugly. I don't think I'd wear it unless it has a built-in visor to hide my face...
But meh, maybe something better will be made.

Hoppetussa

Sep 24, 2008
Amnestic said:
That's...pretty ugly. Might wear it for hiking trips depending on how light and warm it is but it's not the sort of thing you'd catch me wearing around town.

This actually made me laugh.

Also, the "hoodie" looks OK. Nothing special, but I'm sure that if I wore I would feel like an ODST.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
I'm willing to rethink my position if it makes that familiar "shield recharging" noise every time you accidentally bump into the side of a cabinet...
That would be hilarious...
Amnestic said:
But if you buy it, you can be cool like "Mr. My hand can't fit into my pockets!"

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
hansari said:
Amnestic said:
But if you buy it, you can be cool like "Mr. My hand can't fit into my pockets!"

Oh wow, he's the coolest guy ever. He's my new inspiration. If only I had trousers which had pockets too small to use for anything. Then my life would be complete.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Meh. It's a bad color scheme, and it doesn't look that good design-wise either.

On the plus side, I breathlessly await the terrific ODST cosplays that will be on the way.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Why do they keep asking him to make halo inspired things...didn't he design those halo t-shirts which were abominations to the visual spectrum a few months back?

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
If not for the horrible shade of brown it might be tolerable, and this is coming from someone who has no problem at all with anything about Halo thus far (aside from Bungie's perceived plan to leave us on a cliffhanger as to the ultimate fate of certain characters)

You'd think after "Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure" was so lukewarmly recieved Ecko would be keeping his distance from the games industry.

Nifty

Sep 30, 2008
Rednog said:
Why do they keep asking him to make halo inspired things...didn't he design those halo t-shirts which were abominations to the visual spectrum a few months back?
People like wearing visual abominations. Many people here think that wearing bright red jeans and black and pink shoes make them look cool as fuck. Of course these people are wrong and need to be fed into a giant ham slicer but, apparently, that's just not ethical.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Amnestic said:

Not to mention (ok, I am) that it is a shade that means there's something wrong with your insides. It's a nice design for a JACKET, but the color just screams dont wear me around people.
I am starting to think this guy Ecko is colorblind. Seriously should not be allowed near anything fashion. Or at least have someone to choose the colors for him.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
That is just horrible...

[sup]I must have it![/sup]

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Mark Ecko fails yet again at Halo themed clothing. Seriously, I could have made a better replica than that with a black marker.

Medic Heavy

Jul 4, 2008
1. Maybe it's just me but I don't really see the resemblance of an ODST...at all.

2. If I'm gonna pay 88 fuckin dollars for a sweater it dam well have a mask visor thing that most overpriced sweaters have nowadays. Or actually look like an ODST and I don't no....Come with a back pack that's re-attachable and detachable for carrying your x box around town with you.

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
Amnestic said:

That's why I'd wear it. *creepy stare*

Creepiness aside, I wouldn't get that if it were free. Blegh.