Swifteye said:
Wilko316 said:
The Stonker said:
Wilko316 said:
"We Don't Need No Education".

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative. =D

Guess what?!

Nobody cares.
This story is full of awesome! It even makes me inspired.
It was a joke from The I.T. Crowd ... I'm not even sure what else to say, your comment made me laugh alot.
The IT crowd? Isn't that show new? I remember that double negative joke existing usually tied down to some angry hispanic guy with a knife (or perhaps that's just my mind playing games with me)
It's relatively new yeah, but I don't remember that part. XD

Cavehybrid

Mar 29, 2011
Wilko316 said:

Good someone made the obvious IT crowd joke, I am not needed here *flies away on a horse on fire with tits*

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
K V MAN said:
itezel2 said:
Heartwarming story. This article could be tv news material.
News?!!!! FOX NEWS perhaps?
its not about how video games make people murder the shit out of people, Fox wouldnt run it.
OT: good for him. if you have a talent, it can help people in different industries. what will he be doing? helping work on physics engines while learning code.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
Great story. Little Big Planet has gotten tons of recognition, and I still don't feel like it's gotten the recognition it deserves.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Wilko316 said:

Well actually, there is a difference between "We don't need no education" and saying "We do need education". The first means that an education doesn't exclude you, whereas the second is saying that you need an education to be included.

OT: I loved the story of him going in for the interview. It was just one of those hilarious, feel-good stories where it just lights up my day.

EDIT: Okay, it was a reference ... I stand by my words.

Wilko316

Jun 16, 2010
Biosophilogical said:
Wilko316 said:

Well actually, there is a difference between "We don't need no education" and saying "We do need education". The first means that an education doesn't exclude you, whereas the second is saying that you need an education to be included.

OT: I loved the story of him going in for the interview. It was just one of those hilarious, feel-good stories where it just lights up my day.

EDIT: Okay, it was a reference ... I stand by my words.
Thanks for actually checking before you had a go at me, that's more than some people managed.
If you have a problem with it, go talk to whoever writes for The IT Crowd.

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
Wilko316 said:

Thats the first thing I thought when I saw the title. Then I come on here see you've made it, and see half the board shouting at you for it....thanks for being quicker than I! lol
...I love Moss.
Anyways O.P. its a good story and inspiring, until you realize its a one in a million chance, then it's a little depressing. lol

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
While education is of course important, so long as someone has the basic math and english, I've never really understood demanding '5 C grades or above at GCSE Level', so I'm applying for a job in insurance with your company, and I've passed exams in Maths, English, Religious Studies, Geography, History, and Art. There's six, only the two basics I stated above have any real relevance.

For many jobs, I think a simple sit down test for half an hour designed around the job would be more useful.

(Yes, I buggered up school, but I know a fair bit of stuff :) )

All I'm suggesting, is, like the tale here, surely someone who's interested in your job and can bring some unique skills, insight and creativity to it, despite not having many 'qualifications' is going to be a better hire than someone who needs something to pay the bill, but left school with ten A's in irrelevant subjects?

(Yes, I understand good grades show a health attitude to hard work, but still there's hard working kids who fail, and kids who breeze thru exams without really trying. I rarely scored under 97% in maths, yet I couldn't write creatively so dropped out of english, despite understand grammar, spelling punctuation and all the 'technical' aspects of English. When does writing stories become useful in most jobs? Unless you're in a call centre having to make up reasons why your company fucked up :D