Persona 4 Characters Cameo in Persona 3 Portable

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Persona 4 Characters Cameo in Persona 3 Portable

Atlus really knows how to tug at our purse strings, huh? As if re-releasing Persona 3 in portable form wasn't enough to ensure massive sales, the publisher also threw in cameos from the characters of Persona 4.

The biggest difference between the PlayStation 2 and PSP versions of Persona 3 is that the portable iteration includes the option to play as a female character. Not much has been revealed on what sets the distaff option apart from her masculine counterpart, but, as Siliconera reports [http://www.siliconera.com/2009/10/13/visit-persona-4s-town-in-persona-3-portable/], it seems that at some point during her tale she can travel to Inaba, the sleepy burg featured in Persona 4.

Instead of popping up right in the midst of P4's plot however, your character will be interacting with the town as it appeared two years before obese teddy bears started literally breaking the fourth wall. Though that means you won't get to punch the protagonist for flirting with Chie, it seems you will be able to visit the Amagiya Inn, complete with a more youthful Yukiko -- though presumably you'll still want to choke her every time she laughs.

Given how Persona fans tend to develop nearly romantic affection for the characters in these games, it's a stroke of genius for Atlus to throw in this kind of fan service.

Okay, maybe "genius" is a bit too strong. At the very least, it's a move the firm's accountants can smile about while sipping mojitos and watching Gossip Girl.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
All I read in this post were the words "Yukiko" and "flirting with Chie."

And I agree wholeheartedly.

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
I wish I still owned a console, nobody seems to have a bad word for Persona... Alas, maybe one day...

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Never played these games but I've wanted to for quite some time. Are they good???

OT: Thats cool, but I don't have a PSP. D:

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
RollForInitiative said:
CantFaketheFunk said:

Yes. I agree wholeheartedly also.
Kanji wasn't exactly the only example of "questioning" in the game. Just sayin'.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
This is the best news I've heard since... since... since... fuck it! This is awesome news!
Hope Atlus brings this one to NA. Then get to work on doing the same with Persona 4. I've played about 15% of both PS2 Personas, and they're great. This and Valkyria Chronicles 2 are going to make 2010 a great PSP year.

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
If I didn't already have both games on for the PS2 then hrmm..

I wonder if Kanji will tell anyone to get bent.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
I like the Persona series and although i have already beaten P3 (and P4) Atlus is still going to get my money for P3 portable.

On a side note: I really liked Yukiko's laugh and flirting with Chie sounds good too.

yeah_so_no

Sep 11, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
RollForInitiative said:
CantFaketheFunk said:

Yes. I agree wholeheartedly also.
Kanji wasn't exactly the only example of "questioning" in the game. Just sayin'.
Heh, no kidding. As soon as Chie and Yukiko were together, I was like, "...Yeah, Chie, not so straight. And she's got pretty good taste."

Now I want to finish Persona 4. Too many games, not nearly enough time.

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
.....so......

...why are they going to Inaba?

....i dont remeber that part on the ps2 version =(