Lego Gets Spooky!

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Lego Gets Spooky!

Trick and treat are combined in this collection of custom Halloween Lego minifigs.

Yes, ok, Halloween was yesterday, but these minifigs would be worth a look even in high summer. Created by Lego artist Jaime Spencer, also known as Morgan190, the collection draws on the wide range of unofficial accessories available, as well as some that Spencer created himself.

What's especially cool about these figures are the dark worlds Spencer has created for them to inhabit. 'Oseos Nua, The False Seer of Mt. Agium' or 'Kana Michoyo, Survivor No. 119' are wonderfully evocative names and hint at a much larger narrative.

You can see all of Spencer's minifigs on his flickr [http://www.flickr.com/photos/morgan19/] page.

Source: The Brothers Brick [http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/10/31/creepy-minifigs-invade-halloween-again/]

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Awesome. [http://www.flickr.com/photos/morgan19/3985128511/] So very awesome.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I love it how the first page is all of this original stuff and then all of a sudden, right on the bottom:
HE-MAN!

Looking at the rest now. This brings back such good memories of making stuff out of Legos :D

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
huge amounts of creativity and talent, but i wouldn't really call them scary, it would take some kind of miracle to make an lego figurine look scary.

but respect to him for getting so close.

edit: for some reason i missed "Endeaos, The Pawn of Judgement", this guy just made lego scary, whats next for him? my little pony and saw?

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
Words can't describe how awesome they are.
Suddenly I just feel like walking to the closest toy shop and buy about thirty euros worth of Lego..... [small] Must obey the child inside me.......[/small] 0_0

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
...Awesome.
My favorite is He-Man.
[HEADING=1]HEEEEEEEEEE------MAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN[/HEADING]

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Man, those are SO EPIC, shame Lego has gotten kinda crappy these days, I remember back in the good old days with original Bionicles!

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
CaptainChaosify said:
Words can't describe how awesome they are.
Suddenly I just feel like walking to the closest toy shop and buy about thirty euros worth of Lego..... [small] Must obey the child inside me.......[/small] 0_0
I totally agree (except for the currency; pounds for me). Some day I should get some lego and just... build. Boy do I miss the stuff. :)
OT: Those are wicked creations. Must have took a lot of effort. Kudos to him :)

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Dyp100 said:
Man, those are SO EPIC, shame Lego has gotten kinda crappy these days, I remember back in the good old days with original Bionicles!
Bionicles are AWESOME!! I have all the originals!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
My first thought when looking at this was ironically "looks like someone who really wanted to play Warhammer 40k but couldn't afford the prices". :p

Truthfully though I sort of feel that if he actually HAS developed those concepts, he might want to consider writing (novels, RPGs, whatever) rather than just making figures. He could probably get some return on his creativity that way.

As far as putting them in an art museum... hmmm... well. I guess it could be argued that train hobbyists that have built elaborate set ups have gotten displays and such, but I'm not quite sure if I consider Legos, even original creations, worthy of the same thing, despite some of the "OMG, look what this guy did with Legos" creations we've seen elsewhere.

But then again while I played with them as a kid, I never had any enduring Lego fandom.