34 more days until the FPS of the year is released!

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
FPS of the year, really, you do know there's a ton of high-quality shooters coming out in the next few months, right?
RAGE, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Serious Sam 3,... and you're putting your money on the HD remake of a Wii game (that is in itself a loose remake of an N64 game)? WTF!

Sanctus Hospes

Sep 18, 2009
YesConsiderably said:
October 25th is going to be awesome. Especially as most of the retarded members of the FPS community will be busy pew pewing each other on Battlefield, like brutes.
Ye be trollin'

YesConsiderably

Jul 9, 2010
Sanctus Hospes said:
YesConsiderably said:
October 25th is going to be awesome. Especially as most of the retarded members of the FPS community will be busy pew pewing each other on Battlefield, like brutes.
Ye be trollin'
It takes precisely no intellectual gravitas or acumen to use an internet buzz word.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Looking forwards to it to be honest! I just want it to be liek Nightfire. I friggin loved that game!

Then the FPS of the year will be taken over my Battlefield, the MW3, RAGE and then finally by Timesplitters 4. (In my opinion)

Pyroco101

Oct 28, 2009
Honestly, if you really think Call of Duty: Goldeneye is GOTY for you, then more power to you. In my opinion, Activision should try more varied aesthetics like Star Wars, Medevil themes, or even a Doctor Who theme (just brainstorming).

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
YesConsiderably said:
BoTTeNBReKeR said:
I still don't get why people jizz in their pants over this game. Sure, GoldenEye was good, but not THAT good...
GoldenEye 64 wasn't all that great. It was good as an FPS, but as a Bond game... not really. Outside of a few moments, Rambo may as well have been the protagonist.

Quantum of Solace, Nightfire and especially last year's Blood Stone all did a much better job of recreating a 007 experience, as you play each game in a manner less befitting John Rambo and more like James Bond.
GoldenEye 64 was that good for its time. It was the first time on a console that I can recall that an FPS worked pretty good. And rather than just collect health, armor and keys to locked doors, ala Doom, there were actual goals and missions.

And I'll never forget the first time I was at the beginning of the game and I break into a bathroom, and I can just make out some solidier sitting in a stall. I tried to kill him from a steep angle, but only knocked his hat off. I was blown away: I knocked his hat off!!!

PC Gamers likely had as good or better but I can't think of anything like GE64 for console before this came out.

Now though, it's just a nostalgia trip. Compared to the Halo series or COD, or just that controllers have gotten infinitely better since the N64, I can't imagine, even with a Hi Def sheen, a remake of this game will be all that special.

Kingme18

Destroyer of Worlds
Mar 26, 2011
I was with you up until- "October 25th is going to be awesome. Especially as most of the retarded members of the FPS community will be busy pew pewing each other on Battlefield, like brutes."
How does enjoying a Tactical FPS make us brutes? What are you then, a civilized brute, since you are doing almost the same thing?

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
ROBOTwithHUMANhair said:
shut up... please.

enough with the judging games before they come out.

its a FPS... a reconstructed FPS of an older series... AND IT'S GOLDENEYE FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

how can this possibly live up to the hype of the former game? how can this possibly not offend everyone who played the old game?

stop judging games that arent released
Preach the truth momma! ahem, yes, what he said.
I'm sick of people judging games before they've even played them, bane of my life.

Aug 1, 2010
YesConsiderably said:
Sanctus Hospes said:
YesConsiderably said:
Ye be trollin'
It takes precisely no intellectual gravitas or acumen to use an internet buzz word.
No, he's right. The only possible purpose of that statement is to be inflammatory.

OT: Sounds good to me! I can't wait to try it out.

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
Hahaha lol^^ I expected to see a BF3 fanboy or something :) You get a point for effort but I'm stil afraid you're wrong.

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
YesConsiderably said:
GoldenEye: Reloaded. In preperation, i'm going to be watching each of the 22 007 films over the coming month in order to ensure that all of Bond's quips are fresh in my mind, so that i never miss the opportunity to throw out a relevant quote while pwning n00bs on the multiplayer mode.

I did this on Treyarch's masterpiece, Quantum of Solace, a lot too... though i'm hoping GoldenEye will offer more opportunity. In QoS, the most i could do is kill someone by shooting some electrical panelling and declaring "shocking, positively shocking" or meleeing someone off a roof and telling him "time to face gravity".

I've also had my tuxedo freshly pressed, and will see to it that my drinks cabinet is stocked with Gordon's gin and some Kina Lillet. I have a couple of bottles of Stolichnaya vodka, so don't need to worry about that.

I can't wait.
lmao. i was expecting another battlefield 3 thread that trolled cod... you got me sir. well played.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
You're talking about the 360 and PS3 port of that remake that has awful multiplayer?

I feel as if people here had no idea that it came out on the Wii last year, and therefore already has reviews.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Meh, Goldeneye, was decent 10 years or so ago, I smell another Nukem attempt, but the world has moved on.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
What about Rogue Agent? They tried to copy the multiplayer of Goldeneye into that and it didn't work at all, with the weird mechanics and overcomplicated trickery. The sci-fi story didn't help. It's pretty much a 007 fail all around.

Why don't people get this excited about Timesplitters? Almost all the same guys were involved in that game series. They used every opportunity to make an even better water cooler "best multiplayer of all time" game, and I feel like they succeeded. It's Goldeneye turned up to 11! Why do people keep stubbornly hanging on to Goldeneye?

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
OP: probably want to throttle back on the enthusiasm there, wouldn't want you to be too disappointed. why don't we wait until AFTER release to decide if it's the greatest thing of all time & the salvation of the gaming industry & mankind's only hope against productivity, etc.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
"I did this on Treyarch's masterpiece, Quantum of Solace, a lot too"

I hope the use of "masterpiece" is meant to be way more sarcastic then you've made it sound.

OT: It'll come, it'll go, no one will care.

YesConsiderably

Jul 9, 2010
PrototypeC said:
What about Rogue Agent? They tried to copy the multiplayer of Goldeneye into that and it didn't work at all, with the weird mechanics and overcomplicated trickery. The sci-fi story didn't help. It's pretty much a 007 fail all around.

Why don't people get this excited about Timesplitters? Almost all the same guys were involved in that game series. They used every opportunity to make an even better water cooler "best multiplayer of all time" game, and I feel like they succeeded. It's Goldeneye turned up to 11! Why do people keep stubbornly hanging on to Goldeneye?
I'm a James Bond fan first and foremost. That's why i'm excited for this and not "Timesplitters", whatever that is.

I realise that i'm in the minority, but i think that James Bond games have been getting progressively better and more 007-like.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
At least have you played the Wii version?, it's exactly the same version the older brother systems are being based for the HD release.

I rented the Wii version last year and while it's quite entertaining, I couldn't help but to think I was playing the wrong game in the wrong system. I liked the Wii-motion controls (maybe the only person in the world who used the fucking Wii controller, instead of the snazzy golden controller), but every single trope in today's shooters were used by Goldeneye.

Two weapon limit?, check, cover system?, check, shrugging off blood in your face after hiding somewhere?, check. Sometimes I was forgetting I was playing a James Bond game and not freaking Call of Duty with russians and cubans... you know what?, it is Call of Duty with sexy bitches and lots of cool gadgets, at least it tries to emphazise some stealth segments and when shit goes down, the mission is not over and you have to kill lots of baddies.

And no, the N64 Goldeneye is not great, take off those damn nostalgia glasses and see for yourself.