Darth Vader Can Now Hold Your Wii

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005

Just in time for geek holiday season, an innovative Wii accessory comes out that let's everyone's favorite Sith lord hold your Wii's sensor bar.

You may have seen this pop up on the internet in the last few months, but you can now firmly place the product in the "official" category. Yep, it's "official" now.

Power A, a manufacturer of videogame accessories ranging from website is $49.99 [http://www.powera.com/wii.asp?section=8&prod=1], but it's available now at Amazon for $39.99.

I personally like how retro Vader looks. The namby-pamby teen angst of the prequels is erased from my mind when I see this Vader incarnation. This is the guy who choked admirals and killed his mentor. He's still got it.

The company promised that Darth Vader holding your sensor bar will in no way restrict your gameplay, but I'd think twice before letting the fallen Jedi look me in the eye while I game. I mean, I don't want him choking me in the middle of a round of the new Super Mario Bros. "I find your lack of power-ups disturbing."

Of course, I'm totally buying this for my Wii-owning friends. Let them be choked while we play Kart online. I need every advantage I can get.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome.

Makes me wish I still had a Wii now...

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
While I find the $50/$40 price tag a little much, it would set the mood just right when inserting No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle into my Wii. Seriously, I anticipate that game more than the new Zelda game.

If only Vader's lightsaber lit up when the Wii is turned on and does that oh so familiar buzzing sound that lets you know a lightsaber has been unsheathed. A chill has just ran down my spine.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
Wow. Has Darth Vader completely lost all of his dignity?

Yes. I do believe he has...
Yikes, that image is now etched into my brain. It won't go away, please make it go away...

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Maybe because Lucas Arts and Nintendo is so alike they made a Darth Vader Wii sensor holder?
You know, Nintendo making Zelda after Zelda after Zelda and Mario after Mario, still love 'em though...

Anyways, I would actually had bought something like that, or maybe not bought it, but recieved it as a gift...for free!

Seriously, 40-50$ on that? No thanks.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
It never occurred to me that people were making accessories to hold up the Wii sensor. I should look into them.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
Wow. Has Darth Vader completely lost all of his dignity?

Yes. I do believe he has...
I think Cthulu [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-33XI4frs] has got it worse overall.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Greg Tito said:

"I find your lack of power-ups disturbing."

hahaha oh man that is awesome, totally badass
wow I'm still such a Star Wars geek even after all these years have passed =/

The_root_of_all_evil said:
If I had a Wii, I'd so get this.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
randommaster said:
I think Cthulu [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-33XI4frs] has got it worse overall.
OH MY GOD!!!!!! THOSE FIENDS! I hope Cthulu ate them over night.

OT:

Okay, this is KIND OF cool. But like Popdafoo said, why pay for something that can be done by a table?

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
blackshark121 said:
Wonder what Yahtzee's got to say about this.
....Who cares? Seriously he's just a reviewer. And you guys wonder why he never posts here, honestly.

Anyways, I'm glad to see more hardware options for the Wii. This would be great for someone who had a wiimote jacket that looked like a lightsaber and who's Wii had a Star Wars decal on it.