36% of All Games Owned on Steam Are Never Played

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
NuclearKangaroo said:
Xan Krieger said:
So apparently it makes me a minority that never played Dota 2 and I only spent 4 hours in Team Fortress 2 which I didn't enjoy and I've never played Counter Strike. Also I never imagined Football Manager 2014 was that popular, I only have like one friend that plays it. It's not even about football, it's about soccer.
its called football not soccer you...!

you put foot on ball, it doesnt get any easier
Apparently football is called that because the ball is one foot long so it's football unless you feel like trying to get a new size introduced. Besides soccer sounds so much more dignified than handegg.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Xan Krieger said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Xan Krieger said:
So apparently it makes me a minority that never played Dota 2 and I only spent 4 hours in Team Fortress 2 which I didn't enjoy and I've never played Counter Strike. Also I never imagined Football Manager 2014 was that popular, I only have like one friend that plays it. It's not even about football, it's about soccer.
its called football not soccer you...!

you put foot on ball, it doesnt get any easier
Apparently football is called that because the ball is one foot long so it's football unless you feel like trying to get a new size introduced. Besides soccer sounds so much more dignified than handegg.
i do give you that last one

cant it be called handoval?

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
well... I bought Humble Bundles ... ususally for the sake of 2-3 out of like... 6-8 games, and I some time buy an entire series of games just for like 2 out of 7... and the odds stacks up... I ending up owning tons of games I don't play.... I mean... I played most of the WarHammer40K games... and I only buy that "out of business" bundle with all DoW1, 2 games... so... yeah...like the serious sam full pack... I only played with BFE... yeah I prabably have more than 50% in my case...

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Dale Ware said:
Strazdas said:
I do know a person who has over 700 steam games. he uses steam roulette (its real) to randomly chose a game he hasnt played every week.
This is a thing? where does one get this?

I read the article, and i'm taking it as a challenge. To at least play an hour of every game in my steam catalogue.

So i'm apparently at 83 played of 205 or 40% if i've done that right...

Challenge accepted.
there are a couople ones on google, just google "steam roulette".

joshuaayt said:
if you count games like Fallout where "Finished" really means "Played it so long I was just *DONE*", but where I didn't finish the main plot.
thats not how it works! i finished fallout mani quest and all sidequests twice. fallout isnt a long game though. now morrowind.... that to complete fully took me 9 months. yes im the kind of guy that goes for 100%

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
Cheap game bundles. You want one or two of them & the rest were just icing on the cake
Personally, I try to get around to the others; I bought them, so why not? but time constraints, etc.

Not a huge surprise, I suppose

Apr 2, 2010
Zombie_Moogle said:
Cheap game bundles. You want one or two of them & the rest were just icing on the cake
Personally, I try to get around to the others; I bought them, so why not? but time constraints, etc.

Not a huge surprise, I suppose
Exactly. I bought the Id software pack many sales ago to get a few of the newer games. That meant at least nine or ten games I'd probably never install.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
But all of those daily Steam deals....

They're too irresistible.

Good to know I'm not alone of such a guilty crime.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I'm one of the few people that played through lost coast. Other than that theres piles of games that i only played half way through or simply quit after 20 minutes, the new thief game being one of them, don't even know why, i just keep finding excuses not to play it.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Bought a bunch of games during steam sales. Only ever got the games I wanted. Saw a game for seventy cents? Nah, didn't want that game.

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
More than once i have witnessed game on steam, that was more expensive alone, than as a part of a bundle.
I would have to be retarded to say
"Im gonna pay more, because i wont play the other games!"

Oh yeah, and humble bundles....

Honestly, i think worse offenders are games that were played for like an hour or two. I admit i have some of those.
I see cool gameplay, then play the game for an hour, and decide to go "play a different one for a while." then my ssd runs out of space. yup - good bye, i shall forget you as soon as the uninstall is done! now where did my money go.....