360 Gamers, HELP!

mortalsatsuma

Nov 24, 2009
Don't buy any Halo game except for the first one as they all suck horribly. Also don't buy and Geard of War games either, as they suck as well. Do however buy Bioshock and hell, even Bioshock 2, not as good as the original but not awful. Oh, and ofc Battlefield Bad Company 2 for the fantastic online multiplayer. At least 10 times better than COD in my opinion.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
Deadly Premonition - One of the weirdest games ever. It's a survival/horror/comedy/rpg/sandbox/drivng/fishing/MINDFUCK. Basically it's like a bunch of stoned Japanese people watched Twin Peaks and thought it would make a kick-ass game. Oh and it's a budget title so only 20$ new.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
My recommendation would be to get on the Games Marketplace, especially onto XBL Arcade, lot's of great stuff and great value, there.

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Bioshock are must haves for the Xbox 360. While you won't be able to mod Fallout 3 or New Vegas on the 360 which is a massive down side, the upside is that in my experience the console versions of these games have been far superior as far as number of bugs. I've only had a few freezes with Fallout 3 and one crash with New Vegas, but had a ton of disappearing enemies and crashes when I owned the PC version of Fallout 3.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
UltraDeth said:
Saints Row 1 + 2
Alan Wake
OHHh yes deffinitly Saints Row 2....Quite good. Ass creed Brothersinthehood thats a good game..and well if you got the time download a whole bunch of demos and try them out

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
Bioshock, oblivion, fallout, fable 2, Black ops, L4D2, AC2 and AC Brotherhood, Red Dead Redemption

IxHADOUKENxI

Dec 24, 2010
Bioshock is a truly fantastic game with a Incredible story and a good mixture of horror and the whole shooting thing. Well worth the Money (even tho its fantastical cheap now):)

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Brutal Legend if you're a fan of heavy metal.

After you finish Assassins Creed one get Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood. They improve greatly on the original.

The original Dead Rising is great zombie smashing fun.

If you like JRPGs you might want to try Lost Odyssey.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
bioshock one and 2
dark sector
resonance of fate (warning there is a steep learning curve to this game)
enslaved: odyssey to the west
devil may cry 4
either or both the deadrising games

i think these are some of the best games, and they generally appeal to most people

waterhazard

Aug 22, 2008
I have been playing Mafia II recently and that's been a lot of fun and has a pretty good storyline with the uh most interesting collectibles but I haven't checked out any of the DLC though. I would also say Mirrors edge as it's very cheap and I found it pretty fun overall

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
I'm going to add Alan Wake to the mix. Basically Mr Wake gets writers block and goes off to a cabin in the woods with his wife to chill and shit goes down, of the spooky variety. Get the DLC too.

I find it's a nice change of pace from likes of Left 4 Dead, Halo, Fable, Assassins Creed ect. (all of which are good game series that have already been mentioned)

Happy Gaming!

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
Not That said:
bl4ckh4wk64 said:
In that case, forget Gear of War. You can shove a chainsaw up someone's ass and cut him in half. Your screen becomes covered in blood.
I'm fine with bloody shooters, and I've played Gears before. It's not bad. What I meant was no horror games that only rely on gore. If I play a horror game, it needs to be more psychological than viceral.
A man after my own heart, shame there aren't that many Psychological horrors of current gen consoles, one good example however is Condemned: Criminal Origins, and the first few levels of condemned 2 before it turns in to a generic action game :(

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
Not That said:
So, for Christmas, I got a 360 for Christmas, and need some recommendations. So far, I have the Orange Box, and on the way are Mass Effect 1 & 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed 1, Oblivion, and Tales of Vesperia. Because I'm new to the 360, (and don't have a PS3, Wii, or noteworthy computer), what other games are quintessential for me got get? Any recommendations at all will be appreciated, thanks.
Well it depends on what kind of games you like if its shooters go with halo or battlefield bad company 2,if its racing go with forza 3,and if its RPG's then go with fallout 3,oblivion,or fallout new vegas.And there's also gears of war,bioshock,and assassins creed 2.But as i said it depends on what type of games you like.

vociferocity

Jan 1, 2010
oblivion for sure. also if you're into that sort of rpg, I would maybe rec the fable series? fallout 3/bioshock are also apparently pretty good, idk. are you into music games at all? because guitar hero is crazy fun, or if you have a ton of friends/family members, you could pick up band hero. borderlands is super fun, as is mirror's edge. and if you're into the tales series, you could try any of the other jrpgs - I have enchanted arms, ffxiii and eternal sonata, and they're...not terrible. lol.

OH, and of course, you can't forget lego batman!! super fun hahaha.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Saints Row 2 for good plain fun,
Halo: Reach for a First-person-shooter,
OR, if you're feeling particularly adventurous - How about Red Alert 3? It's the only console RTS I've played that I thought genuinely worked in both controls and gameplay.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
rockyoumonkeys said:
Marik2 said:
Well since you have Assassins Creed 1 you should get the other ones as well.
Especially since they're INFINITELY better than the first.
No truer words spoken.

It depends what you're after and into. I can tell you what I liked and if that aligns with what you like FAIR ENOUGH. If not, also fair enough.

Burnout Paradise. Great online, if you have a mic. Loved for the archaic destruction and arcade style driving (see the polar opposite of grand turismo.

Bad company 1. Massive sense of humor in the multiplayer. Free to do pretty much whatever you want.

Bad company 2. Less sense of humor, but better gameplay I guess. Even more superior with microphone.

Halo ODST. Get this ONLY if you have friends with xboxes with halo 3 as well and you want to go LAN. Seriously, the amount of fun you can have with forge and a LAN is unmatched in this. Strongly suggest finding pirate sharks if you do it.

Splosion Man. Get three friends. Chain them to various seating devices in front of your tv. Thank me later. (Note even more fun to be had when they've played it/ own it before hand)

Castle Crashers. A few slow levels at the beginning but this is great with a few mateys. Sucks harder than a hooker with a vacuum cleaner implant as a single player game though.

Also. Get rid of the orange box. Buy it on PC steam instead. It's massively superior on PC to the console versions (about 2 years worth of updates for tf2 and just better with everything else)