BioWare Already Cranking Out Mass Effect 3

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
BioWare Already Cranking Out Mass Effect 3

Before the first sequel to Mass Effect [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Xbox-360/dp/B000OLXX86/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280868591&sr=1-1] is even released, BioWare is busy making the conclusion to the trilogy.

Mass Effect was released in November, 2007. The sequel will be released for the Xbox 360 on January 26, 2010, just over 2 years later. According to Casey Hudson, project manager at BioWare, the conclusion of the Mass Effect trilogy is already in the works, and it is planned to be released with a quicker turnaround.

"We are already at work on Mass Effect 3," he said. "Building the first bits of the story, putting that together."

"We always wanted to make sure that we got the entire trilogy of games done within this console's life cycle. We didn't want to take forever with it," Hudson said. "So we definitely want to make Mass Effect 3 a fairly short turnaround, but also being that it needs to be a tremendous and epic conclusion to the trilogy."

What's Mass Effect 3 going to be about when it does come out? "I think the exciting thing in the final chapter of the series is going to be just seeing where everything goes that we started," said Hudson.

"With Mass Effect and now Mass Effect 2, you'll see when you play it, all of these threads keep going. And not only that, all of the choices you've made too. You made choices in Mass Effect and you'll see those in Mass Effect 2. And it just cascades. And people will see that by the time you finish Mass Effect 2, you'll know that it's your universe -- everything is the way you set it out -- and that all of these things get to come to fruition and some kind of ending in the final chapter."

Source: IGN [http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1059596p1.html]

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Furburt said:
I pray for a better box art.
Honestly, they should just do a white backround with a red logo, like they did with Dragon Age. And some detached krogan testicles as a centrepiece.

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
And hey, I guess if you own all 3 by the time ME3 comes out and you're unhappy with the ending, you can always start over - from the first one.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
Personally I'm glad they aren't leaving a gap in the development time of the story. Take for example how bad Lucas screwed up with the Star Wars story between the middle three and first three episodes... people enjoyed the first three (for the most part), but everyone was disappointed in the first episode and how cutesy-poo it was to attract a new audience.
As long as they continue to work on the story while it is still fresh, it shouldn't suffer any sort of major disappointments for fans of the series. Please don't do the Bungie thing of trying to spin off ME into a RTS game like they did with Halo!

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Midnight0000 said:
And hey, I guess if you own all 3 by the time ME3 comes out and you're unhappy with the ending, you can always start over - from the first one.
Now that's replay value!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Not very surprising that they started already, it's a trilogy afterall, you want to finish that nice and smooth. Well...*glances at Valve* There áre exceptions.

But I just don't hope they go tóó fast, that'd be a shame.
Furburt said:
Getting better box art was already worth the 10 extra euro's I paid for the CE.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Oh goody. I'd rather not have to purchase another console just to see the conclusion to this series.

Also, am I one of the few who really doesn't give a damn about the box art?

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
RobCoxxy said:
Midnight0000 said:
Now that's replay value!
Haha so true

Big Max

Aug 29, 2009
GodKlown said:
Personally I'm glad they aren't leaving a gap in the development time of the story. Take for example how bad Lucas screwed up with the Star Wars story between the middle three and first three episodes... people enjoyed the first three (for the most part), but everyone was disappointed in the first episode and how cutesy-poo it was to attract a new audience.
As long as they continue to work on the story while it is still fresh, it shouldn't suffer any sort of major disappointments for fans of the series. Please don't do the Bungie thing of trying to spin off ME into a RTS game like they did with Halo!
Bungie didn't make Halo Wars, Ensemble did. And that was Microsoft's fault.

I hope that the effects of the previous games do actually make big differences, and they aren't just making it up or I'll be pretty disappointed.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Furburt said:
Hubilub said:
Let's hope the boxart is better when 3 comes out.
Hallowed Lady said:
Well, all I ask for is better box art and...Blasto!
ForgottenPr0digy said:
LOL we need better box art
What with people caring about the box art?
I mean, really, does anyone spend hours, or even minutes, looking at the box art?
I spend that time, you know, playing the game.

Who really cares about the box art?

More on topic: Awesome!
A quicker turn around time will give me just enough time to get through ME2 with all 4 of my characters from ME1, and thus letting me be ready for ME3! Sign me up, so long as they don't have some lame tag line for it. "Finish the fight!" anyone? Not that I don't like Halo, I thought they were all fun games...but that line just screamed 'marketing' way too much for my taste.

EDIT:
GodKlown said:
Please don't do the Bungie thing of trying to spin off ME into a RTS game like they did with Halo!
You do know that Halo was originally intended to be an RTS game, right?

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Baby Tea said:
Furburt said:
Hubilub said:
Let's hope the boxart is better when 3 comes out.
Hallowed Lady said:
Well, all I ask for is better box art and...Blasto!
ForgottenPr0digy said:
LOL we need better box art
What with people caring about the box art?
I mean, really, does anyone spend hours, or even minutes, looking at the box art?
I spend that time, you know, playing the game.

Who really cares about the box art?

More on topic: Awesome!
A quicker turn around time will give me just enough time to get through ME2 with all 4 of my characters from ME1, and thus letting me be ready for ME3! Sign me up, so long as they don't have some lame tag line for it. "Finish the fight!" anyone? Not that I don't like Halo, I thought they were all fun games...but that line just screamed 'marketing' way too much for my taste.
I care about the box art.

I don't like it and it sets me in the wrong mood. I want nicer box arts.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Good on 'em.

I can see the 360 having at least another year or two, so this should be out by Holiday 2012.