3DS Game Recommendations?

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
I got my self a New 2DS (my 3D one broke) and I'm loving it. I've got Pokemon Y, Super Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7. But, I NEED MORE!!! Any recommendations?

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Have you played any of the Etrian Odyssey series?

EO4 and EO1 Untold (remake of EO1) are currently out on the 3DS, with demos to download.
EO2 Untold (remake of EO2) is about to be released in Japan in November, not date on when it'll be localized.

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
Prof Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
A Link Between Worlds
Bravely Default

I haven't played this yet, but I hear it's good: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Senran Kagura: Burst (All of the ecchi beat-em-up!)

And...uh...others?

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Bravely Default
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Fire Emblem Awakening
Etrian Odyssey 4

...If you don't like RPGs the ds doesn't have a lot of quality games to offer I just realised. (Not for me anyway)

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
LostGryphon said:
Ehh, I dunno if I would recommend that. It has to be in your ball park, since it's not that good. I mean, there are framerate drops in that game, so that's kind of awful for that beat em up. But thanks for telling me what I can use to fill up the time between now and smash bros for 3DS.

OP: Well, Smash bros for 3DS is looking good right now. But let's talk about ones that are out already.

-Git tales of the abyss if you haven't played that one yet. It's great.
-Kingdom hearts 3D.
-Kid icarius: uprising.
-Crimson shroud(eshop only if you can handle that.)
-And I can echo the sentiment of EOIV and devil survivor:eek:verclocked. As well as luigi's mansion 2(as it's known here in europe).
-What more... Some more eshop recommendations then:
-Like pokemon? Get pokemon trozei/link battle! Fun little puzzle game if you wanna waste some time.
-Liberation maiden. It's OTT, but definitely. Takes some getting used to but you'll get there. Like kid icarus.
-Mighty switch force if you like platforming goodness. I suggest to start with the first one, since it's easier to play than the 2nd one. That one's basically an expansion to the first it feels like.
-This one depends on if you like harem anime pandering BS, but conception II is one I had fun with. Definitely a neat RPG for me. It has its problems though, so do read some reviews on what it actually is.
-If you like old school dungeon crawling mixed with pokemon, get devil summoner: soul hackers. It definitely shows its age in the later portion though, since it's literally a marathon dungeon.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Smash in 6 days.
SMASH IN SIX DAYS
SMASH IN SIX DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS

Fire Emblem is pretty alright too, just don't go looking for a good story.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
hickwarrior said:
LostGryphon said:
Ehh, I dunno if I would recommend that. It has to be in your ball park, since it's not that good. I mean, there are framerate drops in that game, so that's kind of awful for that beat em up. But thanks for telling me what I can use to fill up the time between now and smash bros for 3DS.
Well, yeah, I figured the "ecchi beat-em-up" bit was enough of a qualifier. I haven't had any trouble with framerate dips in the actual combat...but I HAVE had odd slow downs in the hub of all places, weirdly enough.

And, frankly, I find the combat enjoyable. Gets a bit repetitive, but there's a good number of characters to choose from and I like the visual novel-like bits. ._.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Everytime I see a 3DS game recommendation thread (with is like every two weeks), it baffles me how the OP never already owns Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Zelda: Link Between Worlds and Fire Emblem Awakening, you'll thank me later. Those two besides Pokemon X and Y are my favorites on the system.

I would recommend Kid Icarus Uprising, but you will have to get used to the awkward controls. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is really good too. I would also recommend Mario Kart 7, but only if you won't have access to a Wii U and Mario Kart 8 since I would say it's overall better.

hazabaza1 said:
Smash in 6 days.
SMASH IN SIX DAYS
SMASH IN SIX DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS
Also this, Smash is very, VERY important!

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Shin Megami Tensei IV was my first 3DS game, and I loved it. The rest of my collection has already been mentioned except for Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, which I don't feel is as tight as Bowser's Inside Story, but still quite fun. In fact if you haven't played that one yet, just get it and play it on your 3DS.

Qu0t3

Nov 28, 2010
Luigi's Mansion:Dark moon
Resident Evil:Revelations
Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate
Cave Story 3D

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Pokemon Conquest is a normal DS game, but a good one. It's a grid based tactics game.
Pokemon Trozei is a match 3 style puzzler.
Rune Factory 4 is a pretty nice top down rpg.
Scribblenauts Unmasked isn't bad.
Project X-Zone is pretty awesome all around. Plot, characters, combat.
Tomodachi life is not bad to just chill with.
Samurai Warriors Chronicles is pretty fun.
Demon King box has a low price point and isn't terrible.
Starship defense isn't a bad twist on the tower defense.
Style Savvy: Trend Setters feels pretty rewarding to play. It takes some talent.
Brain Age in general might be up your alley.

While it has ups, and downs, as people have pointed out, I do recommend Senran Kagura Burst. Ecchi, but not super shallow. There's some decent plot, and the combat is simple to pick up, not that easy to master.

sims 3 Pets is not a bad downgerade from te pc version, but there's no stairs.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
the newest SSB is coming for 3ds

I also recommend
animal crossing: new leaf
luigi's mansion : dark moon
Ocarina of time 3ds
Mario kart 7
fossil fighter champions

buttonsandzips

Jul 12, 2014
SMT 4.
FE Awakening (My favourite game on the 3ds).
Bravely Default.
Pokemon gen 6.
Etrian Odyssey 4. (Very very good, but takes a special kind of player)
Crimson Shroud (though kind of niche)

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
You've also got THE ENTIRE DS CATALOGUE.

Because you do kind of need to resort to that for variety.

Ghost Trick is awesome if a little linear and slow at times. Trauma Centre series is also interesting, nothing else quite like it. Advance Wars Dual Strike is fantastic strategy with a mountain of content.