3DS Sells 4.5 Million Units In US, Eclipsing DS

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
...And despite all the units sold, my Mii-Plaza only has 16 Mii other than the single one I created. Every time I take my 3DS out I almost never get a hit...kind of sad really, even I'm an outcast even in the virtual world.

Not completely unrelated but, is Super Street Fighter IV worth it to someone who doesn't care got fighting games but is somewhat nostalgic about SF2? If not would it be worth it for $18? I would think so but I still don't have any 3DS games featuring Mario (no, I'm NOT counting the GBA/NES ones I got as an ambassador or the GB ones I bought from the Virtual Console)

I actually re-watched the E3 reveal and am curious if they're working on a Donkey Kong for the 3DS. Preferably a side-scrolling one like DK Country Returns or maybe a 3D remake of Donkey Kong Country.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I bet people who were prematurely comparing it to the Virtual Boy are disappointed. I still don't have the coin to buy one myself though. :/

Also:

Jeremy Meadows

Mar 10, 2011
Balobo said:
Jeremy Meadows said:
*facepalm* This is why I hate humanity.
What an immature comment. What the fuck is your problem anyways?
My *problem* is the fact that over the last almost decade now, people have been shelling out their money for lousy nintendo products without even thinking. Hell, look at just handhelds. And I've known someone who as actually bought all of these, DS, DSlite, DSI, DSIXL, now a 3DS. that's proabably close to bout 800 bucks or so depending on when you bought it. And I bet in a few years they will release another 3ds as well.

For some reason people are treating nintendo like apple now. They think they can do no wrong and just buy the lastest new thing despite the fact it really isn't worth the money. Fuck, half the damn games worthwhile on the 3ds came out on the freaking n64. But you'll just throw away another 40 bucks just to have it on your little shinney new handheld.

That's my *immature problem*.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Jeremy Meadows said:
Balobo said:
Jeremy Meadows said:
*facepalm* This is why I hate humanity.
What an immature comment. What the fuck is your problem anyways?
My *problem* is the fact that over the last almost decade now, people have been shelling out their money for lousy nintendo products without even thinking. Hell, look at just handhelds. And I've known someone who as actually bought all of these, DS, DSlite, DSI, DSIXL, now a 3DS. that's proabably close to bout 800 bucks or so depending on when you bought it. And I bet in a few years they will release another 3ds as well.

For some reason people are treating nintendo like apple now. They think they can do no wrong and just buy the lastest new thing despite the fact it really isn't worth the money. Fuck, half the damn games worthwhile on the 3ds came out on the freaking n64. But you'll just throw away another 40 bucks just to have it on your little shinney new handheld.

That's my *immature problem*.
Obviously people don't treat Nintendo like Apple, as the 3DS wasn't selling shit when it was released at its initial price point. Now at a much lower price, Nintendo seems to have another hit on their hands.

Okay, so you know somebody that bought all the iterations of the DS? That's... cool... I guess? It's not required to buy every iteration of the DS. I, personally, have not met a single person who has done so. All the iterations of the DS share the same games so everybody will have the same experience with the same games. Meanwhile, the 3DS is different. It's an entirely brand new handheld with new games. That's why it's selling so much. Please provide a list of all those games that are on the 3DS that came out on the N64. I have not heard of this, please educate me.

Jeremy Meadows

Mar 10, 2011
Balobo said:
Obviously people don't treat Nintendo like Apple, as the 3DS wasn't selling shit when it was released at its initial price point. Now at a much lower price, Nintendo seems to have another hit on their hands.

Okay, so you know somebody that bought all the iterations of the DS? That's... cool... I guess? It's not required to buy every iteration of the DS. I, personally, have not met a single person who has done so. All the iterations of the DS share the same games so everybody will have the same experience with the same games. Meanwhile, the 3DS is different. It's an entirely brand new handheld with new games. That's why it's selling so much. Please provide a list of all those games that are on the 3DS that came out on the N64. I have not heard of this, please educate me.
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Star Fox 64. There two biggest sellers are almost 20 years old. Yes it's only two not "half" But I'm filtering out all the shit 3rd party games that nintendo have bulid and ocean out of thier latest systems like Pilot wings resort, Reel Fishing Paradise 3D, and Happy Feet 2.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Jeremy Meadows said:
Balobo said:

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Star Fox 64. There two biggest sellers are almost 20 years old. Yes it's only two not "half" But I'm filtering out all the shit 3rd party games that nintendo have bulid and ocean out of thier latest systems like Pilot wings resort, Reel Fishing Paradise 3D, and Happy Feet 2.
What a flawed argument lol. You should've said that the vest vast vast majority were not on the N64.

Jeremy Meadows

Mar 10, 2011
Balobo said:
What a flawed argument lol. You should've said that the vest vast vast majority were not on the N64.
It still doesn't excuse the fact that fanboys have been fawing all over these games that in fact they already own. That kind of blind loyalty to a company or product is one thing that is ruining the industry.