Mass Effect 2 DLC In-game Items Available Tomorrow

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Mass Effect 2 DLC In-game Items Available Tomorrow

The first post-launch day DLC will be available to download tomorrow for free, if you have the Cerberus Network.

BioWare announced Mass Effect 2 [http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/1074772]. The DLC goes live on Tuesday, February 9th at 2pm EDT for both the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game. The items will not cost you anything, granted you have access to the Cerberus Network, BioWare's in-game store for Mass Effect 2. The Cerberus Network is free if you have a retail copy of the game, but will cost you $15 to access if you bought the game used.

The Cerberus Assault Armor [http://masseffect.bioware.com/universe/arsenal/armor/], pictured to the right, grants the wearer +10% heavy weapon ammo capacity, shields and health. From the item's description, "Cerberus assault armor is designed for shock troops, who are expected to turn the tide of battle against creatures or forces that would decimate normal soldiers."

The second item is the M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun, which is purported to be a longer-range shotgun with armor-piercing loads. The announcement also mentions this tidbit, "This design also violates several intergalactic weapons treaties, so the M-22a is not distributed to militaries."

Good thing Shepard's not in the military then. Oh wait.

Source: BioWare [http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/1074772]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
So...its just weapons...I got my Cerburus card, but no Live. Well, until the router gets here from Amazon...Stupid 5-9 day free shipping! I should've paid for express.

Can't wait for the REAL dlc.

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
Damn it, use these two new items or play Bioshock 2, I'm now extremely conflicted.

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
Well, so far Bioware hasnt really shown how the Cerberus Network could be worth $15, so lets hope that continuous DLC like this is added to make it worthwhile

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Can't go wrong with new free stuff! Wish there was a new assault rifle or heavy pistol, though.

Dec 14, 2009
Maybe they will put in an option to toggle helmets on/off, I have all this DLC armour I haven't used because of that stupid omission.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Still nothing really impressive. I still haven't really been impressed by any of the DLC for this game. Especially the DLC character, Zaeed. You can't even normally talk to him on the Normandy like you can with the other team members. Unlike Shale from Dragon Age, he doesn't feel like part of the game at all. Same with the Normandy 1 mission. It was the most pointless landing area so far.

I'm really hoping for some real BioWare worthy content. They did a better job with Mass Effect's Bring Down the Sky and Dragon Age's DLC packs so far.

Daystar Clarion said:
Maybe they will put in an option to toggle helmets on/off, I have all this DLC armour I haven't used because of that stupid omission.
Oh, and this. I like having the Dragon Armor and all, but I refuse to use it if I can't even see my character anymore.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Curse my inability to connect to XBL! I got my Cerberus card but I can't connect it.
... No, I won't give mine away.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Ooh, just when I think I'm out for a while, they pull me back in! Now I'll have to fire the game back up and start playing my other character from the first game... which I was going to do anyways, but I had planned on waiting for a bit first.

And yes, I sincerely hope they fix the "DLC/Pre-order/Collector's edition armor has mandatory helmets that are probably opaque" issue, as I rather enjoy watching my character talk, not a helmet.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Greg Tito said:
The second item is the M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun, which is purported to be a longer-range shotgun with armor-piercing loads. The announcement also mentions this tidbit, "This design also violates several intergalactic weapons treaties, so the M-22a is not distributed to militaries."

Good thing Shepard's not in the military then. Oh wait.
Technically, he's not anymore after he becomes a Spectre ;)
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Ooh, just when I think I'm out for a while, they pull me back in! Now I'll have to fire the game back up and start playing my other character from the first game... which I was going to do anyways, but I had planned on waiting for a bit first.

And yes, I sincerely hope they fix the "DLC/Pre-order/Collector's edition armor has mandatory helmets that are probably opaque" issue, as I rather enjoy watching my character talk, not a helmet.
I've been playing now for about a week... since it was released in the UK. I think my brain is going to leak out of my head somewhere.

Anywho, as for the DLC, nice, looking forward to killing my enemies with it, but I'm wondering when we'll get some new missions and/or dialog.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Gildan Bladeborn said:
BioWare have turned around and said that it won't be done. They've stated that the armor sets were designed to be a set - i.e. you have the full lot or nothing. I think Christina Norman posted it on BSN, saying a fix wouldn't come for it as it's not a bug.

In regards to the new DLC? Yay, it's not got me back in the mood for ME2. I think I either burnt out on it or I secretly don't like it. Haven't decided yet, but darn more needs to be done if I'm to play it again.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The armour looks prety shweet! I approve of this Free DLC!

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
Fucking A. I was slightly disappointed by the lack of armor and weapons in the game, so apparently they are slowly going to increase the amount, good news, and at least it's free, also good news.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Omikron009 said:
Hooray for a shotgun that doesn't suck!
This. I think I used the shotgun for about 15 minutes before realizing the Assault Rifle completely kicked its ass.

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
So far I'm glad I rented ME 2 instead of buying it... Dragon Age's Shale was awesome though, but it seems like nothing in ME 2 DLC compares from this thread.