Vin Diesel Confirmed for Riddick 3

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Vin Diesel Confirmed for Riddick 3

Vin Diesel is to don the goggles again, for a third installment of the The Chronicles of Riddick [http://www.amazon.com/Riddick-Trilogy-Pitch-Black-Chronicles/dp/B000EQHXN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1279572124&sr=8-1-catcorr].

Fans of the gravel-voiced sociopath that is Robert B Riddick rejoice, as it has been confirmed that Vin Diesel will reprise the roll in another silver screen installment of the Chronicles of Riddick. David Twohy, who wrote and directed both of the previous Riddick movies, will again be at the helm, both writing and directing the new movie.

According to sources, the third film will be much closer to Pitch Black than Chronicles of Riddick, and will focus more on the man, rather than the world he inhabits.

With two decent games, one movie that rates as one of the finest sci-fi movies of the last ten years, and another which, well, ok, let's not talk about that one, it's pretty safe to say that Riddick is the best character that Vin Diesel has ever played, and his subsequent movies have never really fit him as well. Will this be the movie that re-ignites Diesel's career, or will it be another Babylon AD [http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/babylonad]?

I'm certainly hoping for the former.

Source: Coming Soon [http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63280]

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Vin Diesel is what makes Riddick a good character, but what made Pitch Black a good movie wasn't just Riddick. It was the entire composition of the movie, from the rest of the cast and their characters to the fresh take on the most basic sci-fi and horror clichés.

Badazzninja

Dec 20, 2009
wait... wasn't it RICHARD B. Riddick? i don't remember, though. but yeah, Pitch Black pwnt major face

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
I've always enjoyed the Riddick films. Even the 'unspoken ones.' It's nice to have another one coming along.

One thing though. At the end of the last one, Riddick had become king of the Necrons. (Or something. The pain guys.) Wouldn't that be a bit of a problem when returning to the roots of the franchise?

persona J

May 25, 2009
i still dont get why people dont like the chronicals of riddick. i mean feckin ulakks man ULAKKS!!.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Pitch Black was good..Riddick not so much and Another Riddick ehh i dunno i'm gonna have to wait and see on this one.

Negative

Feb 12, 2010
For all he says it's going to be close to Pitch Black, we won't know until it's out.
I'm going to stay pessimistic on this until I hear the reveiws, but I'm expecting another two-hours of Vin Desiel's one-liners and thin plot.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
Yeah, I agree. Let's not talk about Pitch black, because Chronicles of Riddick was one of the best sci-fi movies in the last ten years. I'm looking forward to another story set in the world of Riddick. Hopefully, it won't be another bug hunt.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Maybe i am weird, but i liked "Chronicles of Riddick" more than "Pitch Black". But no matter... YAY, the movies both had some... hard to describe - style which made them cool. Let's see how this will turn out then.

"I am going to kill you with my TEA-cup"

ThePreshFrince

Feb 11, 2010
No shit he'll be back. Saying Vin Diesel'll be back for a new Chronicles of Riddick is like saying a new Domino's pizza will feature some form of cheese on it.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Badazzninja said:
wait... wasn't it RICHARD B. Riddick? i don't remember, though. but yeah, Pitch Black pwnt major face
Yes. Yes it was. I also came in here to nerd rage about that cock up.

Looking forward to the new film though. Pitch Black was fantastic, and Chronicles was a nice bit of universe building.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Badazzninja said:
Yes. His first name is definitely Richard.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I'm going to paraphrase Yahtzee: "If you still honestly care about Riddick as a character, hello Vin Diesel, for you are the only one."

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
persona J said:
i still dont get why people dont like the chronicals of riddick. i mean feckin ulakks man ULAKKS!!.
It was a terrible movie. Which is unfortunate, because I actually liked it. There was just very little about it that wasn't horribly cliche or predictable or not done very well.