Spike's Reality God Of War III Show

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Spike's Reality God Of War III Show

SpikeTV sent out a casting call for gamers to audition for a reality show challenge that recreates the action of God of War III [http://www.amazon.com/God-War-III-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZK9QCS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968473&sr=1-1].

That's right, if you think you have the guts and mental acuity to make it as a real God of War, then you should totally sign up to be in Last Titan Standing. What do you get for making a fool of yourself on cable TV? $10,000? A tour of Santa Monica Studios, which is busy finishing GoW3 due out March 16? A copy of our home game? Nope. The grand prize to the Last Titan Standing is the ability to play God of War III "before the rest of the world." Congratulations! You get to be a beta tester!

You have until this Friday to submit your application, which leaves a short window for those of you who are going to jump on this bandwagon. All two of you.

Apparently, the negative attention that The Tester [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97671-Sony-Announces-Cast-of-The-Tester-Online-Reality-Show] received wasn't bad enough and SpikeTV wants to throw its weight into the needless reality television ratings battle.

This is from the SpikeTV website, "We're looking for brute power, acute intellect, and the fasted Playstation 3 trigger finger that's ready to rumble." Quick question: What exactly is a "fasted trigger finger"?

Source: SpikeTV [http://www.spike.com/blog/be-last-titan/92566]

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Wow this just sounds like an epic fail. Im guessing you are gonna have to do some pretty stupid stuff for other people to laugh at you or be put through some things that could inflict some decent amount of pain. Pretty worthless prize and I hope this thing flops.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Fasted Trigger Finger? Well that right there shows how much thought went into this idea.
Might have to watch it, just so I can see something crash and burn.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
so, all you get for your sweat, blood and tears is... a buggy game that you have to test?

Yay, thats such a reward -.-

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
The concept seems completely illogical to me, so I'm sure some people will watch it.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
The more practical prize would be an advance of copy of the game and some compensation money for the pain most likely will endure

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
If you get to castrate a centaur with your hands and some swords, you're not really gonna need a price. i mean, how many motehrfuckers can say they've actually done THAT irl.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Acute intellect? Because God of War is well known for the sheer brainpower needed to mash minotaur heads together. There are a few combos in God of War, and simple puzzles to test your thought processes, but nothing of the calibre I might describe as "acute".

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Apparently, SPIKE thinks that Beta testing a game that's going to be released in mere weeks is a great privilege..........it really isn't..........

Are they really that opposed to giving out a copy of game? That's not much, but hey, it would at least be SOMETHING.

[small]Also, how the f*ck do they plan on re-creating God of War (without doing anything illegal, that is)?[/small]

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
I didn't think it was possible for me to care less about God of War III. Count on Spike to do it.

Rhade

Jan 2, 2010
Spike is a channel to watch the same 2 dozen episodes of CSI on or the entire Star Wars Hexilogy every week, it exists for little else and seems good for nothing else. With shows like Manswers and 1000 Ways to Die it gives the idea that the IQ of the station (as an average of its makers, or if it were personified) is under 50.

It's not a huge shock that any product of it is similarly not well thought out or unsurprisingly lame.

Still, don't smear mud on something that's any good, namely God of War. The series should've resisted the urge to get in bed with retards for money. They'll just do it all wrong and show the same ads for car insurance and mechanics institutes over and over and over while doing so.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Wow, seems GOW3 is becoming a pretty huge sell-out. Merchandising has taken a step too far and now a reality show? Too far, seriously way too far.

Who in their companies would even okay something this stupid?