Zero Punctuation Nominated For Streamy Award

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Zero Punctuation Nominated For Streamy Award

The Escapist's own Zero Punctuation is nominated for a 2010 Streamy Award for Best Animated Web Series.

The Streamy Award nominations for 2010 here [http://www.streamys.org/].

"I'm truly impressed with the outstanding quality of this year's Streamy nominees," said IAWTV Chairman, Michael Wayne. "It's a testament to how far the online video industry has come and a great predictor of where we're headed."

The Streamy Awards began last year with a bang. The Awards Ceremony held on April 11, 2009 at the Henry Fonda Theater in L.A. was a star-studded affair complete red carpet. Actual Hollywood names attended including Neil Patrick Harris, Lisa Kudrow, Rosario Dawson, and Joss Whedon, but that was because they were nominated for excellence for their respective shows. In 2009, The Guild won for best comedic web series and Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog nabbed quite a few Streamys including Best Directing, Writing and Best Male Actor, the incredible NPH. Zero Punctuation was also nominated last year for Best Animation in a Web Series but lost to The Meth Minute 39.

In the Best Animated Web Series category Zero Punctuation is up against Eli's Dirty Jokes, Happy Tree Friends, Homestar Runner, How It Should Have Ended.

Here's hoping Yahtzee takes home a Streamy this year. Think he'll pull a Sally Field and cry [http://www.youtube.com/watch#!videos=dU-KkcIjIKQ&v=9PBQ0BAEgHU] during his acceptance speech? "You like me! You really like me!"

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Wow, going agaisnt Homestar Runner and Happy Tree Friends? Yahtzee has indeed hit new hights.

EDIT: Gotta throw a good luck in here as well!

Feb 13, 2008
Greg Tito said:
Think he'll pull a Sally Field and cry [http://www.youtube.com/watch#!videos=dU-KkcIjIKQ&v=9PBQ0BAEgHU] during his acceptance speech? "You like me! You really like me!"
He's more likely to pull a Gollum...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Oh sweeeet! Thats awesome!

Come on Yahtzee! You can win this for sure!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Come on YAHTZEE! You can make it!

Calumon: Wow, being rewarded for being mean. Why don't I get rewarded for being nice?

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
As much as I think that this is awesome for Yahtzee, I lost all hope for this when I saw they nominated Buckley for something. Best Host I think. Dear lord no. Also, no NC or Linkara either. Nostalgia Critic is a movie review series and Atop the Fourth Wall is comic book review series ...

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
I'm slightly curious as to why Homestar Runner has been nominated because, much to my disappointment, there haven't released a video since November I think.

Well, I actually hope he wins. He's provided hours of procrastination for me.... Maybe that means he should loose? hmmm...

EDIT: I just noticed that University of Andy has been nominated for best companion web series. I love University of Andy. Currently working towards my masters! I'm majoring in Bear Attacks and Threesomes. That man is my hero.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Wooo go Yahtzee, we're all behind you! You smarmy git who gets paid for doing fun things and we'd all like to secretly assassinate and steal your hat.

:D

... Hope you win!

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
ZP is good enough to win, the overall quality of the "reviews" has never dropped, so I believe he deserves it (even though that would probably mean he'd skip one espisode!).

blackshark121

Jan 4, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Greg Tito said:
Think he'll pull a Sally Field and cry [http://www.youtube.com/watch#!videos=dU-KkcIjIKQ&v=9PBQ0BAEgHU] during his acceptance speech? "You like me! You really like me!"
He's more likely to pull a Gollum...
Wow.

On topic, I hope, if he wins, he does his acceptance speech in ZP format.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Sure hope he's gonna win, but that doesn't stop me from asking just one question: WHY THE HELL ISN'T DOOMSDAY ARCADE NOMINATED FOR ANYTHING?

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I dunno, no offense to Yahtzee but I kind of think Homestar Runner should win. They've been providing the internet with top-notch comedy since before web videos even became well known. I think they deserve something for their work.