#44 - Six

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Nooooo, Aeeeerith, I mean, helmet guyyyyyy.

Hurry, get him to a chest high wall where he can sit for 10 seconds and regenerate.

Ariseishirou

Aug 24, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
Gunny? GUNNY?! GUNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
->Continue
Exit
Bindal said:
talker said:
Imp Emissary said:
talker said:
Pffff. Gunlord can't die! He's the protagonist!

...right?
Actually I think that would be the players (Erin and Rad).
In the context of the comic, yes, But considering the game they're playing is a mix 'n match of Halo and Warhammer 40K and FPS games in general, it's safe to say Gunny is the protagonist marine/space soldier within the game. Erin and Rad are, at best, his plucky sidekicks.
Not garantueed - it is possible, but incredible rare, that the player-character and the main protagonist aren't the same person and you DO play the sidekick. But considering this game is probably a high budget game - parody or not - it's most likely not as that's something very experimental indie games try, if even they do it.
So, I came up with a few ideas of what happens next.
Didn't they do that in CoD:Ghosts? The player character's brother goes through the character developing arc and you guy doesn't, let alone talk, but I'm just remembering that Critical Intel column from a couple years back.
In pretty much all CoD games you're a voiceless gun-toting disembodied hand, so yes, you're watching someone else's character development (be it your brother's, or Captain Price's, or what have you).

talker

Nov 18, 2011
Bindal said:
talker said:
Imp Emissary said:
talker said:
Pffff. Gunlord can't die! He's the protagonist!

...right?
Actually I think that would be the players (Erin and Rad).
In the context of the comic, yes, But considering the game they're playing is a mix 'n match of Halo and Warhammer 40K and FPS games in general, it's safe to say Gunny is the protagonist marine/space soldier within the game. Erin and Rad are, at best, his plucky sidekicks.
Not garantueed - it is possible, but incredible rare, that the player-character and the main protagonist aren't the same person and you DO play the sidekick. But considering this game is probably a high budget game - parody or not - it's most likely not as that's something very experimental indie games try, if even they do it.
So, I came up with a few ideas of what happens next.

1 - the mentioned, unlikely "Gunny is not the Player Character" results in us just moving on as if nothing happened in terms of gameplay.
2 - He IS the player character and we see what happens in a playthrough if the player character dies and doesn't reload the last checkpoint
3 - Gunny respawns in an unknown timeframe
4 - A previous Checkpoint reloads with Gunny, Erin and Rad being aware of it
5 - A previous Checkpoint reloads with Erin and Rad being aware about it but Gunny is not

On a purely comedic look, 5 is the best option, closely followed by 4. On a more dramatic view, it's 2, folloed by 1. 3 can go either.
If we go with 5, Gunnys character development of the past three pages may or may not be undone.

Of course, there is a sixth and final option:
Gunny ain't dead! He somehow survived it in one way or another just barely - probably going to claim it's nothing, a fleshwound or something along those lines.

(I can see Cory and Grey already rolling a dice to decide, which of these six options it is going to be. :p)
Actually, it's entirely possible that he respawns but remembers everything. If you die during a boss fight, you know what the boss can do, and won't be taken by surprise

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
The Rogue Wolf said:
Quick! Get a white box with a red cross on it! Those fix everything!
You mean a first aid kit? =_=

It would actually be pretty funny if for no reason at all gunny got a 1UP for saving rad and Erin as he was getting stabbed

OT: Rad is so useless. Unless cloaking was involved he should have seen the Light...claw thinggy a mile away. It's a conspiracy.

JagerBombastic

Mar 3, 2014
And then an RKO from out of know where and Erin saved gunny.
After he got stabbed, sooooo, yer you know.