LittleBigPlanet 2 Outed By Musician's Tweet

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
LittleBigPlanet 2 Outed By Musician's Tweet

Musicians not only keep us going on long drives, but also helpfully reveal sequels to awesome platformers before their parent companies are ready to do so.

Though the eventual release of rumors [http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-2-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0K780/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278529404&sr=1-1] and neither developer Media Molecule nor Sony have given any kind of official confirmation that the game will someday exist. This week, a musician's tweet may have revealed that it's definitely in the works.

As reported by IGN [http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084343p1.html], Christopher Leary, aka electronic musician Ochre, in his excitement put out a tweet that read: "Pleased to announce the licensing of 'Infotain Me' to Sony for Little Big Planet 2 on PS3." I'd say that pretty much sums things up right there.

Sony has not commented on Ochre's tweet, but that's to be expected. LittleBigPlanet 2 is no doubt going to be a big announcement for the company at E3. Listening to the song (in the accompanying video), it's definitely in the style of something that would be licensed for LittleBigPlanet.

Sales of LittleBigPlanet may not have been the mega-mass that Sony and Media Molecule wanted, but it stands as one of the most creative and interesting platformers of all time, and the fact that players could create their own levels directly on a console was nearly a revolution. Yeah, I kind of liked LittleBigPlanet. The fact that we're almost positively getting more, and that we'll no doubt see it in motion at E3 in the summer, is pretty damn awesome. Thanks Ochre!

Source: Joystiq [http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084343p1.html]

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
YAAAAAY!

LBP2

What will they change, I wonder

Sackboy is the cutest thing since sliced bread with googly eyes stuck on

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I don't know how I feel about Little Big Planet 2...It feels like all it's got could easily be in a DLC.

Oh well. Time to make a wishlist for the game. E3 better come here soon!

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
LBP2 is a stupid idea, I think. There really isn't much you can change or add to LBP to warrant a new game. But Media Molecule is a good company so we'll see.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
it wasnt a "mega-mass" because of numerous mistakes, including that recall right before launch and pretty much ZERO advertising. Its like they wanted to sabotage themselves or it was just bad luck. Probably the latter. It is a great nonetheless, looking forward to LBP 2

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Ochre reminds me of Rebecca Mayes. I could definitely hear her singing of a track like this.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
LittleBigPlanet 2 Ousted By Musician's Tweet
The article/thread title is using the wrong word - "Ousted" means:
  • 1. To eject from a position or place; force out: ?the American Revolution, which ousted the English? (Virginia S. Eifert).
    2. To take the place of, especially by force; supplant.
Pretty sure you meant to say "outed" instead.

Nothankyou

Oct 26, 2009
Didn't Media Molecule state they really don't want to make another Little Big Planet as they didn't want to divide the community of levels between the first game and another or something along the lines of that?
What big liars. I'm very excited!
Though I'm sure that musician is going to be in trouble for this..

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Tom Goldman said:
LittleBigPlanet 2 Ousted By Musician's Tweet
The article/thread title is using the wrong word - "Ousted" means:
  • 1. To eject from a position or place; force out: ?the American Revolution, which ousted the English? (Virginia S. Eifert).
    2. To take the place of, especially by force; supplant.
Pretty sure you meant to say "outed" instead.
Thanks.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
A reason to use my PS3, I suppose. I never did buy the first LPB.

Tom Goldman said:
This week, a musician's tweet may have revealed that it's definitely in the works.
"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Way to split the player-base with this news. However, if they surprise us all and somehow make LBP 1 and 2 compatible through an update to the original, then I will be thoroughly impressed.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Heh, I wouldnt be suprised if the song is pulled for breaching a confidentiality agreement. I dont own a PS3, and have never played LBP1 so i suppose this kind of new is wasted on me.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
That song is awesome o_o

LBP2 better be released soon, with that song in it a lot :D
I hope it's not just part of DLC either because i'm tired of going back to the old LBP all the time. It feels so old and dried up - for christs sake i'd been playing it for a year, i'm sick of seeing it.

Keep things fresh and release a new cleaned up game :3

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I still havent got around to playing the original, which i must admit looks pretty fun.

Glad theres a sequel.

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
Ughhh...

No, I'm not glad there is a LBP 2. the reason is, I've just bought too much DLC for that game. Can't they just concentrate on making another game of the year editions with more free DLC? I mean, wasn't the level editor supposed to give us infinite replay value? They don't need to make a second fucking game.