Holy Crap, It's a 7-Foot Optimus Prime Balloon Sculpture

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Holy Crap, It's a 7-Foot Optimus Prime Balloon Sculpture

Seriously, it's Optimus Prime, seven feet tall and made out of balloons. Just click the link. And brace yourself.

A YouTube user by the name of entirely out of balloons [http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyCabbie]. And this isn't just some cheap Transformers version of a twisted-up wiener dog; this free-standing monstrosity is seven feet tall, more than five feet wide and has fully rotating shoulders and hands that can actually hold weapons.

I've spent ten minutes trying to get my head around this thing and I just can't do it. It's absolutely awesome, yes, but also incredibly bizarre. What the hell would drive a guy to spend 28 hours of his life doing this, anyway? "Hey baby, I'm going to take a few days off to build a towering cartoon robot out of balloons." Wait, what?

Whatever dark forces have possessed this man, my hat is off to his talent and dedication. I am impressed.

via: Geekosystem [http://www.geekosystem.com/balloon-optimus-prime/]

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
The next time I see a clown im asking for a Master Chief. Now I know hes lieing when he says its not possible

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
HOLY FUCK.

Man, I need to learn some ballooning o_O

edit: it just occurred to me, if he had made it using helium... :p

The Lawn

Apr 11, 2008
I liked the orriginal title better.

But seriously, HOLY CRAP!!!
I wish I had one of those for my 7th birthday back when I got my first transformer.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I wanna run up to that with a sewing pin...

hee hee hee hee...

TAKE THAT OPTOMUS PRIME! THE DECEPTICONS SHALL RULE SUPREME! MWUAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA DOWN WITH THE AUTO BOTS! *breaks into a euphoric seizure*

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
What the hell would drive a guy to spend 28 hours of his life doing this, anyway? "Hey baby, I'm going to take a few days off to build a towering cartoon robot out of balloons." Wait, what?
I actually kind of doubt that someone who would build a 7 foot tall Optimus Prime balloon animal has a girlfriend. So at least he doesn't need to worry about explaining it to anyone!

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Holy crap indeed.

Of course this means means I can't use "You fail me yet again, StarScream" but it's a cool thing so I don't mind.

This is truly an impressive display of Ballonsmanship. That guy has got talent.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
This is what happens when you have too much free time... It's awesome thought and I give him credit for doing that.

Ninja Tank

May 19, 2009
This guy has my respect, for making a balloon optimus prime is awesome but the version he made is my favorite

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Yet another thing to add to my list of "sh*t that demonstrates the individual needs to get out and grab a beer."

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
That guy is awesome, and his suspenders add to that.

Seriously though, thats pretty impressive.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
It's cooler than a Michael Bay transformer.

Like, if the actual balloon Prime was in the movies, it'd still be cooler.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
I remember seeing other balloon creations by that guy on youtube a few years in the past.

I guess he's improved quite well since then, hehe.

Pretty cool sculpture... Although I think it'd be cool to see it pop =p

Oh yeah! I remember what that guy did. Last time he made a balloon Wolverine... It might have been some time around when the movie was released.