Play Tabletop TF2 With These Awesome Valve Figurines

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Play Tabletop TF2 With These Awesome Valve Figurines

To celebrate the 119th (or so) Team Fortress 2 [http://www.teamfortress.com] update, Valve is releasing a series of very cool, and very expensive-looking, TF2 collector's statues.

The newest update to Gaming Heads [http://www.valvesoftware.com] to launch a series of highly detailed, 12 inch tall Team Fortress 2 figurines.

The first figurine out of the gate will of course be the Heavy Weapons Guy, the iconic, howling Russian brute who's come to symbolize everything crazy and cool about TF2. The Heavy will be available in both Red and Blue, and in two unique poses: Murderous bellow and pensive slow thought. Original game files will be used to ensure an "accurate and artistic representation" of each statue.

Preview images of the Heavy statue look absolutely awesome. They also look absolutely expensive. Preorders won't be taken until May 3 and until then there doesn't seem to be any way to determine how much one of these things will cost, but I think it's safe to say that you won't be buying any of them for your kids to play with.

And for Valve fans whose tastes run toward the less-goofy, Gaming Heads will also be producing similar statues based on the Left 4 Dead 2 [http://half-life2.com/] games as well as a series of "life size props." A full-sized Lamarr that I could wear as a gag hat? Yeah, I'd pay for that.

WalkNasty

Oct 29, 2009
Man 1: hey i sniped you!

man 2: nuh uh, your charisma is too low!

man 1: what does charisma have to do with sniping?

case in point statues are cool but dont try to play TF2 with them

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Far too much money for me but it would still look awesome to own at least one of em

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
http://store.valvesoftware.com/productshowcase/productshowcase_HL2HeadCrabHat!.html <<< o look

looks like your life size lamarr already exists, now buy it :D

Frozenfeet2

Apr 3, 2010
How much are they?

I would sure love to play chess with TF2 figures. Damn that would be fun.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
FYI the link to Gaming Masters is broken.

OT: I'm going to hold out for a Spy and Pyro myself.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I'll be waiting for a Red Sniper statue and the price of these things. As a big TF2 fan (even though I don't really play it these days) I'm definitely interested in these things, especially if you can buy them with that ClickandBuy thingy you can also use in the Steam Store. Does anyone know whether that's possible?

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
Want want want! I want a Gravity Gun :) And o'course a wire frame posable Dog statue, that'd be awesome.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I will sell anything up to and including a Kidney for a Sniper figurine.

He can go next to my sniper Spartan and Sniper Wolf, they'd get on like a house on fire.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Frozenfeet2 said:
How much are they?

I would sure love to play chess with TF2 figures. Damn that would be fun.
Yeah right, i was thinking about that too. Scouts as pawns, BLU Heavies and RED Engineers as rooks, BLU Soldiers and RED Demomen as knights, BLU Spies and RED Pyros as bishops, Snipers as queens and Medics as kings. Or something along these lines, anyway.

Too bad those are not for me. As always. Well, no-one forbids me from making my own, at least... *sniff*

dark_taint92

That's Cap'n Taint to you
Jan 26, 2009
I'd buy the spy one :) either that scout or engi :D
But they look like there going to be UBER expense (pun intended).
If I had the money I'd buy a coach statue to :)

Frozenfeet2

Apr 3, 2010
Kollega said:
Scouts as pawns, BLU Heavies and RED Engineers as rooks, BLU Soldiers and RED Demomen as knights, BLU Spies and RED Pyros as bishops, Snipers as queens and Medics as kings. Or something along these lines, anyway.
I reckon:
Pawns: Scout (BLU) and Pyro (RED)
Rook: Engineer (RED) and Soldier (BLU)
Knight: Medic (BLU) and Spy (RED)
Bishop: Sniper (BLU) and Demoman (RED)
Heavys are Queens and Civilians are Kings (the protected, useless one)

This could actually work...

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Frozenfeet2 said:
I reckon:
Pawns: Scout (BLU) and Pyro (RED)
Rook: Engineer (RED) and Soldier (BLU)
Knight: Medic (BLU) and Spy (RED)
Bishop: Sniper (BLU) and Demoman (RED)
Heavys are Queens and Civilians are Kings (the protected, useless one)

This could actually work...
Oh crap, forgot the Civilian. Well, that scheme also sort-of-works-out.

---

Mar 8, 2010
As the headcrab hat currently adorning my printer proves, Valve is reasonably successful in getting me to part with my money.

I might cave just to have a Scout stand on my desk, if they make one.