Left 4 Dead 2 Boomer Plush Vomits Children to Sleep

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Left 4 Dead 2 Boomer Plush Vomits Children to Sleep

In a change of pace, Valve is now encouraging that the public hug the undead rather than kill it.

Zombies have been considered many things in their time: ugly, sickening, gross, bloody, disgusting, horrid, repugnant, stinky, and reprehensible, but Valve wants to add a new word to that list. Now available on the Left 4 Dead 2 [http://store.valvesoftware.com/productshowcase/productshowcase_L4D2-BoomerPlush.html] Boomer plush that will have people calling zombies "cute."

It might go against the tenets of zombiehood, but the $49.99 Boomer plush is downright kissable. The tumor over its left eye even makes me say "Awwwww... somebody's got a cute widdle tumor." It's definitely the perfect stuffed plush to send a kid off to la-la land with, if you want him to dream of a fat-ass zombie that will spit bile in his face while zombies rip him apart.

Hold on, did I say $49.99? Yes I did, but stay with me, as the Boomer plush seems to justify its cost with extra features. It's 13 inches tall, 13 inches wide, and requires three AAA batteries so it can emit 10 different Boomer sounds. It'll belch in your face, and you'll probably love it.

If you've already gone ape over Boomer, get ready to smash your head (and wallet) into the wall. A teaser is currently on the Valve store's front page [http://store.valvesoftware.com/] that indicates four more Left 4 Dead 2 plush designs will be released "soon." Their greyed out silhouettes show a possible Witch and Tank, while the others I would only be guessing at because I'm not a huge Left 4 Deadhead. I'm sure all of you know what they'll be though.

Source: Boomer Plush [http://store.valvesoftware.com/productshowcase/productshowcase_L4D2-BoomerPlush.html]

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Saw this on the official blog a while back.

Still, i'll say the same thing I said then:

DO WANT!

Apr 28, 2008
D'awww, who's a wittle Boomer? You are, yes you are!

*ahem*

Looks adorable. But $50 is a bit too much to ask me for one of those.

Now if it was life-sized, then I'd gladly shell out $50 for that.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Furburt said:
Sounds fun.

I think there should also be a Bill action doll, a Coach branded chocolate bar, and a Witch makeup kit!

I can't wait for the Tank though.
Don't think too hard about Zoey merchandise... <.<

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I'm personally waiting to see the hunter and the smoker ones, they are definitely my 2 favorite special infected out of the bunch.
Though, I wish they would have the sample sounds of the toy, I really couldn't think of 10 distinct sounds each of the special infected make.
Also, is it just me or does the witch's silhouette seem to have obscenely long arms.

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
I can't believe I'm saying this, but that thing is so cute! I want one.

Well okay, maybe just a plushy Witch.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Furburt said:
Sounds fun.

I think there should also be a Bill action doll, a Coach branded chocolate bar, and a Witch makeup kit!

There needs to be an Ellis doll where he just rattles on and on about Keith.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Irridium said:
Squeez him extra tight to make happy come out of him, then all his friends will come to give you hugs!
feather240 said:
Furburt said:
Sounds fun.

Blow up doll?

Damnit I though about it.

Furburt said:
Sounds fun.

Thinking the exact same thing, I'd sure's hell feel safe cuddleing that thing.

Scythax

Nov 23, 2009
I can't tell if that's adorable or creepy.

I'm gonna side with creepy.

Still, doesn't mean I don't want one! This is possibly the coolest thing Valve has ever tried doing for a game franchise. The irony of having L4D kids toys is palpable, but that just adds to the awesome, considering these will probably wind up on the foot of beds owned by 30 year old men all around the world. That, in my books, is a win.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats...scary lol. I wouldnt want to hold it! Might make more come after me!

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Sir Kemper said:
Irridium said:
Squeez him extra tight to make happy come out of him, then all his friends will come to give you hugs!
feather240 said:
Furburt said:
Sounds fun.

Blow up doll?

Furburt said:
Sounds fun.

What hell hell did I just say?
feather240 said:
Furburt said:
Sounds fun.

I want you to freaking listen to me for once!

Lady K

Apr 16, 2009
Cute~ Don't much like the boomer though, and it's groans and blubbering only made me want to kill it faster >> I'm totally up for a Tank plushie though!

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
From the shadow i would guess its a witch, hunter, smoker, than a tank. I'll definatlly want the hunter cause hes my favorite infected

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
feather240 said:
Sir Kemper said:
Irridium said:
feather240 said:
Furburt said:
Sounds fun.

Blow up doll?

Furburt said:
Sounds fun.

What hell hell did I just say?
feather240 said:
Furburt said:
Sounds fun.

I want you to freaking listen to me for once!
But Pa, I couden't help eet!