These Are Your New Pokemon Black & White Starters

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Apparently my friend said coloured screens have been posted, but IDK if he is BSing or not.

Either way, they look pretty ugly, I doubt anything will beat the first 3 generation of starts, I mean, they gave us MUDKIPS, how can you beat that!?

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
I realize I'm a total prick for judging them on their silhouettes, but I already don't like them. :(

I'm guessing a mutated Charmander, Chikorita, and Bidoof for starters.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Dyp100 said:
Apparently my friend said coloured screens have been posted, but IDK if he is BSing or not.

Either way, they look pretty ugly, I doubt anything will beat the first 3 generation of starts, I mean, they gave us MUDKIPS, how can you beat that!?
The Piplup family. Adorable critter to a giant steel penguin.

Collin Henderson

Mar 19, 2010
Considering this is the new generation, I wouldn't put it past them to possibly move away from the traditional fire/water/grass starters. I would love to see some kind of Ghost/Dark/Psychic choice or something like that. And seeing that these silhouettes aren't 100% clear on what type they are, who knows.

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
The Grass one best not be shyt like Chikorita! Turtwig and that little stoner gecko were mint and Bulbasaur... Bulbasaur was a GOD!

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Dyp100 said:
Found it. Dunno if it's real or fake, but...

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/DurrHurr/pokemon.jpg

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Okay, my predictions were incorrect...

zHellas said:
John Funk said:
SUPAH SNIP!
I say lower left is Fire, middle is Grass, and lower right is Water.
That was exactly what I thought...but the picture Hurr Durr Derp shows different types on different silhouettes.

Either way, even though I've never quite been the 'older Pokémon look far better', I have to say that these new Pokémon look absolutely retarded. The Fire-type is cool, yeah, but the Grass-type looks kind of...eh, flat, and the Water-type has a fucking SNOT?!

Absolutely retarded.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Dyp100 said:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:
...Oh good God, I don't even think fire will fix this problem.

...Nuke it from space. |:<

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
Collin Henderson said:
Considering this is the new generation, I wouldn't put it past them to possibly move away from the traditional fire/water/grass starters. I would love to see some kind of Ghost/Dark/Psychic choice or something like that. And seeing that these silhouettes aren't 100% clear on what type they are, who knows.
Didn't everyone have that exact same train of thought with D/P?
Either way, my friend and I have already called Water-Grass-Fire (From left to right) for them. It seems rather obvious.

I also wanna put a quick out there that any colored images out there are probably fake. Word on the street is that Corocoro on the 15th will have the real thing.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Dyp100 said:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:
AHHA! That's what I was looking for. I hope fake... Whilst the Grass and Water ones are bearable. The Fire one is mega DERP!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I don't really like the look of these new Pokemon. There's just something about them that seems... off.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
John Funk said:
Dyp100 said:

The Piplup family. Adorable critter to a giant steel penguin.
Hmmm, it's pretty cute, but I still like the others starters more. Though, it's probably the best of the Pearl starters.

Also, you might want to update since coloured pics of the starters have been posted in this thread.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Dyp100 said:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:
Whoa man! Those just look bizarre compare to the other starters.

I wonder what their final forms look like...

Sworm

Mar 15, 2010
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Dyp100 said:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:
GOD ALMIGHTY! IT CAN'T BE UNSEEN! IT CAN'T BE UNSEEN!

What twisted sick man spawned these abominations? I can't even decide which one of them is the least freaky/ugly!

I mean seriously... a water-pig, a fire-koala-like-thing and a grass-... what the hell is that thing anyway?

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
The starters get worse every generation, it's not 'nostalgia goggles' or whatever, the original 3 really are the best.