Treyarch Boss Hints at Zombies for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Treyarch Boss Hints at Zombies for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Treyarch boss Mark Lamia has dropped a hint that "Zombie Mode," the battle against endless hordes of undead that was so popular in Call of Duty: World at War [http://www.callofduty.com/codww], may be making a return in Black Ops.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [http://www.treyarch.com/].

"We really like the Zombie Mode, and as I mentioned I can't talk about the co-op mode other than to say one of the reasons we love it so much is that it feels like it was a fan adopted mode, made out of passion of a lot of the team members here," he said.

"All I can tell you is we listen to the fanbase," he added. "Those are our consumers, so..."

But would killing these zombies be so much fun if they're not Nazi zombies? Maybe if we're lucky, Treyarch will make them Nazi zombies anyway, hopefully with an appropriately B-movie-flavored explanation for what they're doing in the game. After all, if you're going to do zombies, you might as well do them right. Call of Duty: Black Ops is scheduled for release on November 9.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=246787]

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
This addition would make me a very happy person if I would be so inclined to purchase the game

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
I was hoping zombies would make it in. I love zombie killing, and seeing as how I missed the first one, I can get a newer one with zombies still :) (if it was implemented)

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
This addition would be a reason alone to buy the game. I just hope that they don't force you to complete the campagin in order to play it.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
"I smell something..."
"Is it unoriginality?"
"No, this is way more fucked up."

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Would love to see this return! My favourite part of world at war!

Jory

Dec 16, 2009
There's something refreshing about a company dedicated to dark, gritty, realistic FPS games just saying, "You know what guys? Let's have Nazi zombies"

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
There better fucking be. All I want for this game is
A) Some awesome zombies to kill
B) An epic conclusion to the SP campaign.

hansari

May 31, 2009
FinalDream said:
No zombies, no purchase for me. Simple.
Quoted for truth

My friends and I played through the game, skipping every cutscene, just to reach Nazi Zombies.

YouCallMeNighthawk

Mar 8, 2010
AGAIN! *sigh*
I never really warmed upto COD5 zombies so i'm pretty sure not going to enjoy this one.
They need to come up with something original.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm getting it just because it's Treyarch. Zombie Mode bored me until the DLC maps made it much better...

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES!
GOD DAMN I LOVE THAT GAME MODE!!!!!!!

*coughs* something more constructive...

Yeah, that's cool! I really hope they do include it, and also give you an AK47 during the game mode. I'll be getting this game regardless, cos I really like Treyarch's CoD games.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I had no intention of buying this. Now that this news has reached my ears, im getting this game if it comes to fluition.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Meh, as long as they focus on making this a drastic improvement over WaW and COD3, I'll be happy, zombie mode or no zombie mode.

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
if they do include a zombie mode again, i hope for the same quality in the characters you play as, i know its slightly left 4 dead-ish but some of the lines the 4 characters in codwaw say have me in stitches.... "so much death, like eastern front all over again"

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I don't care if there not NAZI zombies, I just want to kill zombies!!! And maybe a zombie campaign, or a continuation of the mini plot in WAW