4Channers makes Feminist event Scam, is found out rather quickly.

Mid Boss

Aug 20, 2012
I remember this one episode of Judge Judy. A woman was suing a Ebay scam artist. The woman thought she was buying a camera when the scammer "clearly listed" in the description that it was the PICTURE of a camera that you are paying 500 dollars for. It took Judge Judy a whole 30 seconds to find a gaping flaw. The scammer had cut and pasted the weight size description of the camera from a legitimate camera seller. Judy said "A picture doesn't weigh three pounds madame! And because it doesn't weight 3 pounds you lied about a product you were selling and that's fraud. Don't try this crap here. I've got more brains in my pinky than you have in your whole head. Judgement for the plaintiff!"

Whenever I see articles like this of people trying to scam other people I think back on that episode and think Oh son you better be good. Damn good. Because judges see the likes of you every single day and they know exactly where to look for your mistakes.

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
It's pretty funny how there's a contingent of 8channers on here ready to swoop in and extol their sites virtue whenever a story about 4chan comes up

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
The Bucket said:
It's pretty funny how there's a contingent of 8channers on here ready to swoop in and extol their sites virtue whenever a story about 4chan comes up
"Excuse me sir, would you take a moment to talk about are Lord and Savior Hotwheels?"

I don't know why that popped into my head

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
tf2godz said:
The Bucket said:
"Excuse me sir, would you take a moment to talk about are Lord and Savior Hotwheels?"

I don't know why that popped into my head
Learned response most likely.

OT: this was pretty weaksause and a testament to how far half chan has fallen. Gone are the days where the site could trick an idiot into grenade his toilet or a joke about adult men liking a show for young girls leading to normies not realizing it was a joke checking it out and making the joke become real.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
People still go on /b/?

I'm a regular /fit/izen, I went on /b/ once for nostalgia and it was literally all furries, traps and "post ending in 69 decides what I send to my gf/call my WoW character/gets a Steam game no for reals".

BACK TO YOUR CONTAINMENT BOA- oh geez that just slipped out of nowhere

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Queen Michael said:
I know I sound like a Republic Serial villain, but... Did they actually think that this was going to work?
Channers seem to think their the only people capable of using Google or an internet history search, so are totally assured that everything they say out in the open in front of everybody is top secret and secure from non channers.

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Windknight said:
Queen Michael said:
I know I sound like a Republic Serial villain, but... Did they actually think that this was going to work?
Channers seem to think their the only people capable of using Google or an internet history search, so are totally assured that everything they say out in the open in front of everybody is top secret and secure from non channers.
To be fair People on every major website thinks the other people on a another major websites are dumbasses and they are the soul bastion of intelligence left. I'm even seeing that attitude on this very Thread.

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Popido said:
/b/ tried to do but didn't
I'm surprised this is considered as news.

Then again, those sites look like shite.
They tried to commit fraud. This isn't like the cancel Father's Day hashtag they did while back. This was A serious crime.

And that quote's inaccurate I think a few people did get scammed by this before people Found out.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
tf2godz said:
no expert in law but I'm pretty sure that is fraud, so these people actually committed a crime. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure what these people did was illegal.
Whether it's fraud would really depend on how smart they would be about selling the tickets. All they would really have to do is put in legalese saying "no refunds", and then they could claim that they were totally going to do this convention but they had to cancel for (take your pick of excuses). Except for someone posting that dumbass post, there's no real way to prove they are lying.

It would also depend on where this "convention" was going to be held. If they were going to claim it was actually being held at a convention center, and then they didn't bother trying to actually rent space, then yes, they could probably get sued. But if they just said "we're going to meet at this gazebo in this public park", then probably not.

It's sort of like going to a meet-up via meetup.com If I opt to go to a meet-up and no one shows up, I can't sue them to make them pay for my parking and gas, because there's no guarantee anyone is going to show, and even the coordinator can just say "yeah sorry I was sick", and I can't prove otherwise.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I read about this earlier.

I'd be mad, but I'm too busy laughing. It was apparently a pre-existing event for feminists in India, so there's likely to be some more legal trouble these idiots are going to find themselves in.

I'm just going to watch and laugh.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Nirallus said:
The days of the good old /tg/ are long gone.
At least we have chaptermaster.
At least we have chaptermaster...

tf2godz said:
They tried to commit fraud. This isn't like the cancel Father's Day hashtag they did while back. This was A serious crime.

And that quote's inaccurate I think a few people did get scammed by this before people Found out.
are you new to what /b/ is?
/b/ does something legal every day give or take.
Either Rev up the 4chan party van man or the FBI can handle this.
I really wonder why you care

The Bucket said:
you know what I forgot to do that.
8chan /tg/, "at least there's no quest threads"