5 Actors Who Should Play J. Jonah Jameson

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 Actors Who Should Play J. Jonah Jameson

Who shall play the cocksure, cigar-chomping figurehead who functions as Parker's boss and Spider-Man's biggest hate-fan?

Read Full Article

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
Actually, Nick Offerman should just play every role ever for the rest of his life. I think he'd be miscast as JJJ, since that character is pretty much known for his short temper and Nick Offerman just oozes calm collectedness.

Oct 22, 2011
I know it's April 1st, but i feel like someone needs to post a serious list of actors that could play JJJ.
1.J.K. Simmons
2.J.K. Simmons
3.J.K. Simmons
4.J.K. Simmons
5.J.K. Simmons

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
Get me pictures of J.K. Simmons!

That's really the only response to this article I have. There can only be one J. Jonah Jameson.

linkblade91

Dec 2, 2009
MrCalavera said:
I know it's April 1st, but i feel like someone needs to post a serious list of actors that could play JJJ.
1.J.K. Simmons
2.J.K. Simmons
3.J.K. Simmons
4.J.K. Simmons
5.J.K. Simmons
Your list is incomplete: you forgot J.K. Simmons!

As far as I'm concerned, he is Jameson. There can be only one!

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
J. K. Simmons was too perfect of a casting, no one's ever going to top it because he was pretty much exactly the same as in the comic, so everyone else will seem lacking because it'll have to be a different take on the character in order to not be overshadowed by JK's version.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
MrCalavera said:
1.J.K. Simmons
2.J.K. Simmons
3.J.K. Simmons
4.J.K. Simmons
5.J.K. Simmons
The man was perfect for the role.
Absolutely perfect.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Yeah, those guys there might be able to be J.K. Simmons.

I think John C. McGinley would probably be able to pull of J.K. Simmons pretty well.

Not as good as J.K. Simmons, of course, but he has the intensity needed for the part.

Though I'd rather see J.K. Simmons play J.K. Simmons. I think he just has more experience in the role.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MrCalavera said:
1.J.K. Simmons
2.J.K. Simmons
3.J.K. Simmons
4.J.K. Simmons
5.J.K. Simmons
Well, you got my list perfectly. Barring these fine choices, however, how do you feel about casting JK Simmons again?

WonkyWarmaiden said:
Get me pictures of J.K. Simmons!
I want them fifteen minutes ago! Call my wife! Tell her I'm sorry for whatever it is I did! And send her the cheapest flowers that aren't dead!

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
It is hard to imagine someone other than J.K. Simmons playing that part... It would be like trying to replace Stallone as Rocky.

I think MacDonald could do a decent job at the character, but whoever it is, he would only be making an impersonation or summoning his inner J.K. Simmons.

Travis Fischer

Feb 1, 2012
MrCalavera said:
1.J.K. Simmons
2.J.K. Simmons
3.J.K. Simmons
4.J.K. Simmons
5.J.K. Simmons
I'd switch around number 3 and 5, but otherwise that's a pretty spot on list.

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
Having watched Christopher McDonald absolutely tear it up as Hon. Judge Don Schakowsky on "The Good Wife", I can realistically see him putting a solid stamp on JJJ. Beyond him, J.K. Simmons owned that role so wholly and completely that the bar is near-impossibly high for a non-Simmons replacement.