5 artists/groups you'd recommend to anybody.

D.L.390

Jan 16, 2010
Black Stone Cherry, Black Label Society, Breaking Benjamin, Airbourne and Dire Straits.

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
Darkest of the hillside thickets, They Might be giants, Comus, Skyclad, Turisas

And donning my alternative identity.

The Beat, P funk, Carnival in Coal, Liberator, Huey Lewis and the News

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
SteakHeart said:
Hollywood Undead (FLAME SHIELD ACTIVATED!), Cage the Elephant, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park (Pre-Minutes-To-Midnight), and Black Stone Cherry.
Lets see...
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. Awesome selection man :)

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
The Eels are great, very devil-may-care. If someone likes their music, I know I probably have a lot in common with them.

Radiohead is my personal "let none contest the greatness" band.

This is an odd one. I just believe that because it's so unusual that it's impossible to tell who will like it. Though being fond of steampunk and/or swing helps.

Sufjan Stevens - the ultimate soothing singer/songwriter and sleep aid who is so good he will make Christianity seem not so bad to someone as jaded as I am. Might recognize bits of this track from the movie Little Miss Sunshine.

And that's, um...well I guess that's really all the artists I would unconditionally recommend to someone. I don't have a mountain of music, but it's all stuff very dear to me.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Daveman said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Daveman said:
Supertramp, Pearl Jam, Queen, Pink Floyd and The Beatles.
Sweet! A fellow Pearl Jam fan!
yeah, I love Jeremy btw, nice choice of post. It shows how good Guitar Hero is that it introduced me to them, even flow is sweet. At the moment I have my alarm set so that I'm woken up every day by Indifference. I hate that I can't play it and sing it at the same time though.
I thought that I was the only fan on the site.

My favorite PJ song is one of these two from the new album, Backspacer.

OR

awesome, but I still prefer the old stuff, I guess though we're the only PJ fans here we're still very different. ;)

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Daveman said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Daveman said:
Supertramp, Pearl Jam, Queen, Pink Floyd and The Beatles.
Sweet! A fellow Pearl Jam fan!
yeah, I love Jeremy btw, nice choice of post. It shows how good Guitar Hero is that it introduced me to them, even flow is sweet. At the moment I have my alarm set so that I'm woken up every day by Indifference. I hate that I can't play it and sing it at the same time though.
I thought that I was the only fan on the site.

My favorite PJ song is one of these two from the new album, Backspacer.

OR

I am a pearl jam fan as well, I really didnt like Backspacer, im more of a fan of Vitology.

My favorites.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
CptPanda29 said:
1. Tom
2. Sawyer
3. By
4. Rush
5. There is no #5.
There doesn't need to be. I can't believe I forget them in my 5.

I'm just too much of a grunge head, I guess. 3 of my songs were grunge, after all.

I'd like to replace #4 with Rush.

*goes back to edit*

But I choose Limelight.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Somewhat of a second to Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains, but my personal choices would be:

The Who
Iron Maiden
Badfinger
The Byrds
Saxon

(Chosen mainly because they seem to be things I'd recommend to almost anyone, but need the recommendation; i.e. not something people necessarily listen to but very accessible)
EDIT: There are lots of things I like like Slade and The Creation that are not easy to introduce people to at all.

Mrkittycat

Dec 2, 2009
1. Aerosmith
2. Motley Crue
3. Nirvana
4. Guns and Roses
5. Cage the Elephant
GASP only one new age band there!

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
You Me At Six.
Flood of Red.
Yashin.
The Wombats.
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Daveman said:
awesome, but I still prefer the old stuff, I guess though we're the only PJ fans here we're still very different. ;)
Aerodynamic said:
I am a pearl jam fan as well, I really didnt like Backspacer, im more of a fan of Vitology.
Hey, it's all good, right?

APLovecraft

Jan 13, 2010
CrashBang said:
I say "no" to all your recommendations, sorry dude.
Mine would be Bruce Springsteen, The Gaslight Anthem, Rancid, Rise Against, Bad Religion
I wanna post more so... fuck it, I will. AFI and Biffy Clyro
I would want to recommend Gallows to anyone but it seems nobody but me likes Gallows... what a shame
i like gallows! and all of those were good recommendations ('cept maybe rancid)

mine are:

5. Crystal Castles
4. Interpol
3. Alesana
2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
1. Bring Me The Horizon

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Daveman said:
Aerodynamic said:
correct, it is all good. I posted Pearl Jam on here because I think it's impossible to dislike them. They're just so... nice.

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Daveman said:
Aerodynamic said:
Yes, Definitely.

One of the better rock groups out there.

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009