5 days until Skyrim. What are you doing first?

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Become a vampire and then hunt down some juicy bystanders. Then I'll head to the nearest town and go into service for the lord there, little will he know that I plan to murder him!.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Mod out the regenerating health and see how long I can go without quick saving or fast traveling.
Then somewhere after getting a nice knife I'm gunna cut somethings throat and learn some ice magic.

This of course is assuming I ever finish getting my appearance just perfect enough to start playing it.

[hr]
edit:
Vhite said:
Skyrim fans are suddenly more annoying than bronies were. I would understand if this was a day before launch but will I have to edure Skyrim thread spam for another 4 days?!
Prepare for the worst of us then.
The bronies that are also Skyrim fans that have nothing better to do for the next five days!

hashtag

Oct 30, 2011
Whateveralot said:
hashtag said:
Watching walkthroughs, cause I have no money to buy it.
I wanted to quote you and say something reasonable and nice but I'm pretty much out of words. That's pretty damn depressing.

But, that said, two months of no internet pretty much equals the amount of money you'd need for the game and you don't need internet to play the game (heck, you probably wouldn't even miss the internet if you had the game).
Sorry I should explain that a bit better. I have no excess money to buy it. I decided to use the money for Skyrim and Deus Ex: HR to buy a new pair of Sennheisers.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Seventh Actuality said:
Acclimatize. Probably set out following the main quest until/unless something really catches my eye. This is going to be the first Elder Scrolls game I've played, so I'll be doing my pedestrian sod getting-to-know-you run.
This. I have no Idea what I'm in for, but I'm going to shut up and take it like a dragon.

Ramin 123

Apr 23, 2010
My first thing I would check rather than do, would be the music. Sounds dumb but I'd love to know how it's going to sound in comparison to Oblivion etc. And then find a random cave, run in, see a ghost, shit meself and then run away...til I level up

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Wait for gamestop to get their second shipment because they never EVER have a surplus.

Yes I'm bitter, could you tell?

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
My guess? Probably get completely overwhelmed by all these new stats and such and being completely unaware of how any of them are to be leveled or what exactly they effect, then if the game fails to provide me with one, find a bow so I may shoot tiny wolves (or whatever little creatures I find) with it.

Yes, this'll be my first Elder Scrolls game. Apparently not the only one at least!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Corporal Yakob said:
Continue my search for the lusty Argonian maid!
I spat up my drink in laughter...

OT: Once I've got my bearings, I'll hit the wiki on a one time occasion! (I'm getting it at christmas) and search down lycanthropy + the ring that gives you more control.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Char-Nobyl said:
Mikeyfell said:
Why doesn't Skyrim come out on a Tuesday?

Games, DVDs and most other retail stuff always comes out on Tuesdays.
Why does Skyrim get a Friday release?

Anyway, I'm going to run to the town farthest away from the starting area and do those quests first!
Two reasons, I'd say:

1) They wanted the release date to be 11/11/11. You didn't think that was coincidence, did you?

2) They might also want the release date to be a day when more people will be able to buy it immediately. To be honest, the Tuesday thing always baffled me, and was a point of annoyance this semester because I'm at school virtually all day and need to wait until the next day (at the earliest) to get what's just come out. Friday makes sense if you want to set record day-one sales, if you ask me.
Just as many people go to work/school on Friday as on Tuesday. You'd think a Saturday release would be optimal for breaking day one sales records?

I did notice the 11/11/11 thing. What's the deal with it? It's cool, but why shuffle around the release schedule just to get it. They are going to be the only game coming out that day so that's cool. It's just sort of weird. Also it's so close to Black Friday that I'm not even going to get it on day 1 anyway.

moose_man

Nov 9, 2009
Aiedail256 said:
I'll wish Minecraft hadn't been delayed...and that I had a system that could run Skyrim :'(
You know there's a beta, right? Literally, it's the only thing people have played.

OT: Kill something, probably.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
No idea, because I've been completely avoiding previews. I expect I'll spend about an hour on the character creator, and then just wander around a bit.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
Just as many people go to work/school on Friday as on Tuesday. You'd think a Saturday release would be optimal for breaking day one sales records?
Except that when people get out of school/work on a Tuesday, they have to go back to school/work the next day. After things let out on Friday, you don't need to worry about any of that.

Mikeyfell said:
I did notice the 11/11/11 thing. What's the deal with it? It's cool, but why shuffle around the release schedule just to get it. They are going to be the only game coming out that day so that's cool. It's just sort of weird.
They moved it by three days. Only three. And by moving it those three days, they created a release date that was both memorable and wasn't on the same day as MW3.

Mikeyfell said:
Also it's so close to Black Friday that I'm not even going to get it on day 1 anyway.
Really? You're going to endure Black Friday shopping so you can maybe get a few bucks off a copy of Skyrim? Is a retail stampede and the inevitable parking lot traffic jam really all that much fun?

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
The better question should be what won't I do first.

Havzad

Oct 9, 2010
I will probably comment on the atmosphere and immerse myself into the game and its culture.
Something along the lines of:
"HOLY SHIT, look at that mountain!! *climb *climb *climb. Hey look, a deer! Maybe i can hit it with this stick I found. *run *run *whack! *whimper. OK... Hey what is that town doing there in that valley, maybe I can find more EXPENSIVE sticks there...."

And the rest is an adventure waiting to be told...

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
Ill probably explore my immediate surroundings and raid all nearby dungeons. Experience (oblivion, FO3) taught me that theres always sweet starter loot available early. Im not going to enter the nearest settlement without a full bag of goods to sell.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I'll attempt to find all Dwemer(Dwarf) related items and literature, and then I might explore a mountain or forest, or something to that effect.