5 Iconic Deaths that Make Guys Cry

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 Iconic Deaths that Make Guys Cry

There are some on-screen deaths that indelibly burned into your memory. Here are five films where those deaths make a big emotional impact.

Read Full Article

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
That disclaimer being nessesary is sad :(

OT:
When I clicked I was hoping to see a bit of chest burster action from Alien. Happy again :D

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
The T-Rex is one of those moments that I can only remember through the eyes of the utterly horrified six year old that really didn't see it coming.

There were tears, many, many tears.

AngryPuppy

Feb 18, 2010
Yet not a single one of these made me, or any Male (or Female for that matter), I know cry (With the exception of The Lion King).

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
I feel like this article was scraping close to the bottom of the barrel.

Mufasa's death was both shocking and sad. the other deaths were merely shocking, or in the case of the nazi in Raiders applauded.

perhaps we are running out of good examples to put in these lists?

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
No tears for any of those, manly or otherwise (well, maybe the Lion King). But no Sean Bean death? Heresy!

No one dies like Sean Bean.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Only one film pre-1970? Where's your bleedin' heart, my lad!!!

Where's your cowboys, war movies and MGM classics? Alrighty, fine, tissues at the ready, boyos! I'm welling up just thinking about some of these...

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
The hell? No...no to all of those other than Lion King. Where is the ending of Terminator 2? Alien, Indiana Jones? are ya kidding? That wasn't sad or tear provoking that scene was cool! And the Lawyer from Jurassic Park? Again, your joking right? Who didn't think it was awesome when that little worm got ripped apart?
"I know why you cry but it is something I can never do" :*(

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
You know, I'm almost thinking that you could scrap the "Makes Guys Cry" part entirely now, or even abbreviate it or something... this particular list seems like it loses something having that in the title (next to The Lion King, of course, good call on that one).

Don't get me wrong, I have been enjoying these for the most part. That being said, I did originally find the title patronizing when I first came and checked it out- it ruffled my feathers a bit.

EeviStev

Mar 2, 2011
Xavier78 said:
Yet not a single one of these made me, or any Male (or Female for that matter), I know cry (With the exception of The Lion King).
So a single one did in fact make you cry.

Is your point that the article is invalid or otherwise wrong? Because its worth isn't dependent on the infinitesimal chance that every single male who's seen them all shed tears at every one.
Or are you just bragging? In which case, good for you, I guess.