5 reasons to shave.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
- Reasons to shave
My private parts look better. Sweat a lot less without arm pit hair. My chest hair is so rare that it looks pathetic.

- Reasons not to shave
I'm lazy. I get a rash on my face every time I have no matter what products I use. I look nicer with a 1 week "beard".

I just need to find a way how to maintain my "beard" in that length.

I have and don't shave at the same time. Checkmate theists!

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
I really hope society moves on from this beard trend soon. Both as someone who can't grow one and as someone who hates looking at the utterly terrible patchy neckbeards 2/3 of the men on campus are wearing.

Don't get me wrong, a dusting of stubble or a short trimmed beard look really good, but few faces are as punchable as one with a beard long enough to run your fingers through, especially if they also have a high-fade hairdo.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
LeathermanKick25 said:
VanQ said:
I like to shave. But it takes a lot of time. I could spend that time playing games. I'll just shave once a fortnight like usual. Fuck daily shaving.

On the topic of shaving and since the OP lists "girs like shaved faces" as a reason. I'd like to ask if that includes body hair like chest and arm/leg hair. I've been throwing up the idea of getting a gull body waxing lately since I've been hitting the gym. Any ladies care to chime in?
Unless you plan on getting that done very regularly, don't do it. Full body hair regrowing will be itchy and uncomfortable as fuck.
DrownedAmmet said:
1 Reason Not To Shave:
It takes like twenty minutes! Who has that kind of time!?
Who the hell takes 20 minutes to shave? It shouldn't even take 5 minutes.
I can knock it down to ten minutes if I have to, but whenever I rush I always miss spots and I end up with a patch face and feeling like a fool

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
VanQ said:
On the topic of shaving and since the OP lists "girs like shaved faces" as a reason. I'd like to ask if that includes body hair like chest and arm/leg hair. I've been throwing up the idea of getting a gull body waxing lately since I've been hitting the gym. Any ladies care to chime in?
I know I'm not really a "dude" (or a lady, oops) so it probably won't apply to your average male, but I get complimented on my smooth legs and arms. Also the feeling of rubbing your bare legs together is worth the price of admission, easily. Oh and my girlfriend loves it.

I only do full body shaves/waxes when I go to see my girlfriend or if I'm gonna wear things that expose my skin. It really is a time-sink, but if you do it semi-regularly you won't have to shave as much (doing it every few weeks keeps it from getting out of control).

SeanSeanston

Dec 22, 2010
Lil devils x said:
5) Having a beard makes you less attractive to most women.
http://gizmodo.com/5893506/scientific-proof-that-women-hate-beards
Ah... but what if it makes you significantly MORE attractive to SOME women? =D

That would more than balance it, because you don't need every or most women to be attracted you anyway.

And for double points, what if those were the women you most wanted to be attracted to you? :O

...probably isn't the case, but it would still be possible even if the headline is true >_>.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
LeathermanKick25 said:
DrownedAmmet said:
LeathermanKick25 said:
VanQ said:
I like to shave. But it takes a lot of time. I could spend that time playing games. I'll just shave once a fortnight like usual. Fuck daily shaving.

Unless you plan on getting that done very regularly, don't do it. Full body hair regrowing will be itchy and uncomfortable as fuck.
DrownedAmmet said:
1 Reason Not To Shave:
It takes like twenty minutes! Who has that kind of time!?
Who the hell takes 20 minutes to shave? It shouldn't even take 5 minutes.
I can knock it down to ten minutes if I have to, but whenever I rush I always miss spots and I end up with a patch face and feeling like a fool
Damn. In the Army I managed to get down to a quick 15 seconds. Granted those were with some pretty good razors too.
Maybe I'll start imagining a Drill Sergeant yelling in my face, that should knock my time down
Actually, my buddy in the Army shaves with a straight razor I've always wanted to get in to that

Reasonable Atheist

Mar 6, 2012
I oft dream of my once glorious bearded days.... alas those times are gone, for my lady hates them.
Once proud rich facial hair sacrificed at the alter of smooches.

The alter has owl stickers on it. Then indignity!

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I look like a fucking gross scumbag with facial hair.

I look like a 16 year old without facial hair.

I look amazing with fake facial hair.

Adamantium93

Jun 9, 2010
To be fair, everything but #5 in the list can be said about feet too, but I'm not amputating any time soon. Keep your beard clean, and it's no more troublesome than hair.

Also, I'd have questions for that study: are the women all from the same (or a small selection of) cultures? How big were the beards we're talking about? There is a massive difference between full but short and long but scruffy.

The secret to a good beard is in the trim. When I decide to grow out my beard (typically in winter) I find it takes me longer to groom it than it would to simply shave it off because I'm meticulous about keeping it clean and taken care of.

Also there's this:

I rest my case.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
So how many female escapists like beards? Pity there wasnt a poll to debunk or prove one of those points.

Me, i shave. Dont think a beard would look good, plus as i work i cant be looking like crap until i get that nice beard. But i really, really hate shaving.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Reasonable Atheist said:
I oft dream of my once glorious bearded days.... alas those times are gone, for my lady hates them.
Once proud rich facial hair sacrificed at the alter of smooches.

The alter has owl stickers on it. Then indignity!
I can never have a beard long enough to outgrow the "painful to kiss" phase
I usually stick with the shave and then rock the stubble for a few days thing

Serinanth

Apr 29, 2009
I've never had a problem with parasites, fungus or odor, then again I shower nearly every day, don't rub my face on cows asses or hang around with lice infested hobos. The hair stopped growing on my head so I had to compensate somehow and all of the women in my life say it looks good, I hang out with assholes so they would tell me if it looked dumb.

That study about women's thoughts also said they find bearded men to be older, from a higher social standing, and more aggressive so that's more mature, wealthy and badass. I will take that over being a pretty boy. Mind you, back in the day when I had hair on my head I was called effeminate, and fey, then again it was down to my ass.

Yep this sucker aint going anywhere unless a costume requires it, I went with the chicken lady last year, not the bearded lady, though there was a bearded lady at the party =D

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
albino boo said:
Reason to grow a bread. After performing a certain sexual activity upon a woman your mustache will have a rather pleasant aroma for days afterwards /end thread
Your waifus have better smelling vaginas than the average I've encountered.

OT I have a little peach fuzz I shave, I feel I look terrible letting my hair (sideburns too) grow out but some people say I should. Some people look great with a beard like the Completionist.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
Aerosteam said:
I look like a fucking gross scumbag with facial hair.

I look like a 16 year old without facial hair.

I look amazing with fake facial hair.
You look sort of like Ash from Hey Ash Whatcha Playin.

That was a compliment.

Jadedvet

Jul 1, 2013
1-4 make me wonder just what kind of beard the OP is referring to. If 5 is speaking of the kind of bushy, unkempt, hobo beards that would smell and carry disease then it makes far more sense.

I personally wear something similar to the Riker Adamantium posted and I do so because, without it, I look more like the Riker on the left. :)

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
So long as you wash and maintain your facial hair there is no problem with parasites etc. You could give the same four reasons to shave the hair off the rest of your body, including the top of your head, though I don't think I could see the OP doing such a thing.

At the end of the day it is all about personal preference. OP doesn't like facial hair. Not a problem deary, just don't expect to see me completely shaven any time soon - doing such would kinda look weird given I call myself Dwarfman!

Incidently does anybody else see the irony about the OP talking about shaving those furry beasts whilst having an avatar that could be classed as a furry beast.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Fulbert said:
Oh god. I've never noticed that before. It doesn't help that currently I have the exact haircut as she does here:
I swear I didn't base my looks on her. >_>

Namehere

Forum Title
May 6, 2012
Lil devils x said:
Besides me being completely repulsed by beards, here are 5 additional reasons you should shave them off!

1) Beards are often as filthy as toilets
http://www.koat.com/news/some-beards-as-dirty-as-toilets/32675046

2) Beards make you more susceptible to parasites.
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/

3)Beards make you more susceptible to fungus.
http://dermnetnz.org/fungal/tinea-barbae.html

4) Beard odor is repulsive.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/beauty/Make-sure-your-beard-smells-right-this-Movember/articleshow/45087959.cms

5) Having a beard makes you less attractive to most women.
http://gizmodo.com/5893506/scientific-proof-that-women-hate-beards

Now these are just a few reasons to shave them off, feel free to add additional reasons to shave those furry beasts off! XD
You know all those scruffy archaeologists who spelunk ancient temples and pyramids? Know why they don't shave? It opens the pours. Open pours in that environment leaves you exposed to all sorts of micro bacteria the world hasn't known for however long the stale air's been trapped in those buildings. It's a legitimate health risk. 1 reason you might not want to shave depending on just what exactly your doing.