WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.themarysue.com/fight-bullies-with-stormtroopers/

The 501st legion is a group of cosplayers who dress up as Darth Vaders personal storm troopers for conventions and to raise money for charity.

in 2012 they built a custom suit of storm trooper armour for Katie Goldman, a young girl who was bullied at school for liking star wars.

Katie and the 501st Is now being passing it on to another girl, Allison, who was bullied for taking a spiderman lunchbox to school.

What can I say? sometimes its nice to just have a big dose of heartwarming for a change.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It's 2014 who the hell gets bullied for liking Spider-Man or Star Wars? I mean, if she likes the prequels then she totally deserves the bullying, but still (for those who are oversensitive, this is clearly a joke).

In a world where superhero movies are literally the biggest moneymakers in Hollywood getting bullied for liking a superhero is like getting bullied for breathing air or drinking water. It's goddamn bizarre.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Dirty Hipsters said:
It's 2014 who the hell gets bullied for liking Spider-Man or Star Wars? I mean, if she likes the prequels then she totally deserves the bullying, but still.

In a world where superhero movies are literally the biggest moneymakers in Hollywood getting bullied for liking a superhero is like getting bullied for breathing air or drinking water. It's goddamn bizarre.
In both cases it was because they were 'boy things' the girls liked, and they were girls.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I hope one day she works up the courage to done that armour and punch the bully in the face while wearing it. I know you shouldn't react to bullying with violence but I really hate bullies.

It was really nice though for that girl to give the Storm Trooper armour to Allison though, she probably has enough positive karma to last a few life-times now.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Well fine 501st legion, I didn't want Stormtrooper armor anyways.. where were you 10 years ago?!

So jelly.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
It's moments like this I'm reminded of a quote from Doug Stanhope:

"Charity feels good, even when you're doing it as a big ?Fuck You?..."

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Dalek Caan said:
I hope one day she works up the courage to done that armour and punch the bully in the face while wearing it. I know you shouldn't react to bullying with violence but I really hate bullies.
It would've been more fitting if it was a Darth Vader or Grand Moff Tarkin outfit (With, you know, Storm Troopers being cannon fodder and all) but I can still appreciate the poetic justice.

OT: Pretty damn sweet. *Looks at article* Oh for the love of-WHO INVITED THE JAWA!? Oh right, target practice. 8D

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Didn't the 501st willingly slaughter all the younglings along with every other Jedi in the Jedi Temple based on the perception that they were a threat? Man, I'm hoping this doesn't give the girl any ideas.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
I came here to say "Aren't you a little a short for a stormtrooper?" *reads article* the reference has already been done =(

This is good stuff. I hope she wears it to school and everyone is jealous

N.b. I want to marry that lady stormtrooper. She is really pretty and she is a fucking stormtrooper

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
As a girl who loves Star Wars this hits me right in the so called feels. Happy for her :)

I long for the days when girls can like boy stuff and vice versa without judgment. It's getting closer slowly though, I feel.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
It's 2014 who the hell gets bullied for liking Spider-Man or Star Wars? I mean, if she likes the prequels then she totally deserves the bullying, but still (for those who are oversensitive, this is clearly a joke).

You'd be surprised.

Liking transformers in my school was okay. Liking star wars made you look like a sub-human life form to others.

Needless to say, my experience of it wasn't grand.

Back on topic; that's pretty nice, and I like how it tells her to continue liking what she likes.

As if it is done to spite the bullies, which is a rather effective anti-bullying statement.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
Right, that's it. I AM OFFICIALLY GELATIN.

seriously though, it was a great gesture by great people, and if it strengthens her resolve against these lowlives that pick on her then all the better.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Oh, right, THAT's why I hate kids... Seriously, first bullying a girl for liking Star Wars, then another for bringing a Spider-Man lunch box to school? What year is this supposed to be? This gender segregation in regards to entertainment should be bloody well over by now. Oh by the almighty Atheismo I'm getting a headache...

Anyways, glad to see a bullying story that ends in the victim receiving an awesome suit of armour rather then tragedy, as bullying stories on the internet tend to.

Ooooh, those pictures make me so jelly, lucky little girl.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Well, Tyrion said wear what they use against you like armor and it can't be used to hurt you. This is a fair but more literal, but probably gets the job done just as well.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Kolby Jack said:
I still remember watching the final take, the one they used, in which Ewan MacDonald could hardly contain his laughter at the ridiculousness of the word "younglings". That film was such a trip.

OT: That's one lucky kid. I remember I used to feel like I'd kill for my own set of Stormtrooper armour. That's probably not a very good example to set, though... >.>

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
I am so jelly, What I wouldn't do to get some storm trooper armor.

...Well wearing it would probably make me a horrible marksman but I would atleast look cool!

Also does anyone have any insulin on hand? I think I might have gotten diabetes of to much D'awwww.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Dalek Caan said:

It was really nice though for that girl to give the Storm Trooper armour to Allison though, she probably has enough positive karma to last a few life-times now.
It'd have to be punching; I mean, she could try shooting but we all know it wouldn't work, her being a storm trooper and all ;D

This is really nice but I find it funny they passed it onto another girl for liking Spiderman. What if she wasn't a fan of Star Wars? "You got bullied? Aww. Here, have some custom-sized storm trooper armour!".