How to Make a Sandwich Like the God of War

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
How to Make a Sandwich Like the God of War

This is how Kratos makes all of his PB&Js.

In honor of it being Friday - the last (and therefore the best) day of the work week - I'd like to share with you all an astonishingly silly video.

If the God of War series is known for anything, it's its brutal, over-the-top violence, most obviously present in the quick-time event finishing moves. This is one gamer's take on how perpetually angry God of War protagonist Kratos would use said finishing moves to make a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich.

Yes, this is silly. This is very silly. But it's also kind of spot on the mark. For those of you who like to read deeper into things, it can also be seen as a clever parody of quick-time events in general. But really, I'm just going to see it as absurd and yet somehow amusing.

Also, I have to give credit to anyone who is willing to stab a knife like that anywhere in the general direction of their fingers. Ouch.

(Via Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/how-to-make-a-pb-j-sandwich-god-of-war-style-179566.phtml])

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Uh...wow. That's great...yeah, that's....that's great.

I suppose I've seen time less better spent o_O

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
That was bloody hilarious! One of the funniest videos I've seen in a long while. I also like how the camera angles strongly resemble the ones in the games. Thank you, Funk, you made my day.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
That was awesome, really captured the God-of-War-ness.

Although the only sandwich I want is Heavy Weapon Guys...

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
That was freaking hilarious!!! The camera angles, the actions and buttons pressed... everything was just like the real thing. And how it all went fucknuggets at the end. This made my day!!

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Man, that is one seriously scary-looking butter knife...

I was literally in stitches, though. Reminds me of Man Cooking. And that's by no means a bad thing... :D