Yoda Shows His Wrinkly Face in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Yoda Shows His Wrinkly Face in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Yoda unfortunately can't appear in every piece of Star Wars media, but he will make an appearance in The Force Unleashed 2.

The shortest Jedi known to the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Harrison-Ford/dp/B001EN71DG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1281752567&sr=8-4]. Talking about Yoda, I am. I promise, that's the only time I'll do that. Must... resist... Yoda talk.

LucasArts announced Yoda's cameo to coincide with the Star Wars Celebration V convention and the 30th anniversary of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. When Force Unleashed's main character Starkiller escapes from Darth Vader, he senses a powerful presence on planet Dagobah. The powerful, robed green-ish one is waiting there and guides Starkiller into the Dark Side-tainted "Cave of Evils," where Luke Skywalker defeated an illusion of Darth Vader in Empire Strikes Back.

What Starkiller finds inside, nobody knows, but Yoda says: "That what you seek, inside, you will find." The Cave of Evils could be a huge turning point for Starkiller in the game. It's also unknown if Yoda makes only this short cameo or has a bigger part.

I'm glad to know Yoda makes an appearance in Force Unleashed 2, but this would have been a really cool surprise to have left secret. I suppose PR folks have to promote their games somehow, even if it means revealing key moments. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 will be released across all systems console and handheld on October 26, 2010 (October 29 in Europe).

Via: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/13/in-star-wars-the-force-unleashed-2-yoda-is]

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Not sure how I feel about this. Why wouldn't he mention Galen to Luke?

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
God, I love this game's storyline. There are so many tales of a Light Jedi falling to the dark side, but of a Dark Jedi turning his back on evil, not enough there are. Interesting story concept, redemption is, hmmmmm?

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
Try to cameo not. Cameo, or do not. There is no try. Yoda is good at cameos, hm, yes? A-he-he-he-he!

Ah, I love the quiet "Force" theme. Also, nice graphical update since the last game. I expected no less, of course, but it's good to see Yoda again. And I think he may look better than the prequel CGI model.

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Badass, Yoda is.
I couldn't resist! The power of the Yoda talk is too much!
In my theater, there was cheering during Episode II when we heard the sound of his cane tapping on the ground as he approached to fight Dooku. He hadn't even shown up on screen yet, and people knew that awesome was coming. Probably because of the advertising campaign (another example of Yoda doing something cool that might have been better of not told? Perhaps), but Yoda was still awesome. Glowing dancing windmill on acid for the win! A phrase I will never use again.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Part wants to geek out over this game, but I`m still bitter over the disappointment of the first game.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Great; now I have this image in my head of an epic battle between Yoda and Doomsday*.

BTW, Yoda would win.

(*The actor who lent his face and voice for Starkiller is the same actor who played as the human form of Doomsday in Smallville. Which, season 8 ended horribly, by the way.)

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Cody211282 said:
They have a second one come out?
Didn't he die at the end or something?
Yeah but apparently Vader cloned him. The opening sequence is on Kamino or some similar planet. *Hugs X360 Magazine

Already read it, I have. Good News it is. Is it not?

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
no no no no NO!

There are so many untapped cool stuff in the star wars universe. Why do they have to rehash old characters and old locations from the first movies? Yes those were the best but come on! There has got to be one creative mind left at Lucas Arts!

Seriously? why did they have to bring Yoda into this?

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
"You know what i seek?"
"yes, you seek soul edge."

OT: well im not suprised but i thought that mabye yoda was the aprentices failed assassiantion attempts.

May 5, 2010
tellmeimaninja said:
Cue the angry star wars nerds complaining that this somehow interferes with old canon.
In 3...2...1...NOW!
Thedayrecker said:
scnj said:
Not sure how I feel about this. Why wouldn't he mention Galen to Luke?
First thing I thought too. This is gonna open up some plot holes...
I'm gonna assume Galen is the main character, so I have to ask: Why would Yoda mention him to Luke? What's he supposed to say?

"Hey, by the way, some douche I'd never seen before came by here like, a decade ago. He walked right by and I never saw him again. What's that? Well, yeah, I guess it's not important now, but it was really weird at the time. OK, back to the force training!"

This is just like the people complaining that the Collectors were never mentioned in ME1. There was no REASON for them to be mentioned!

oranger

May 27, 2008
And when the credits roll 3 hours in, we can all be glad there was a yoda cameo...