6 degrees of seperation

mayney93

Aug 3, 2009
yes, it's most likely been done before, but I've just realised how it can work. a friend of my dad's is on BBC radio 2 atm and he's just mentioned John Williams, my dads friend's John Wilson, he's a composer and arranger etc, so through him, my dad -> John Wilson -> John Williams -> George Lucas -> Steven Spielberg -> anyone whose anyone in Hollywood

that's 6 degrees of separation, awesome or what?

so i guess am trying to say, do you believe in the theory of 6 degrees of separation?

aprildog18

Feb 16, 2010
I believe it theoretically should work, but I don't think it applies to EVERYONE (and there is always that chance that there's just one person living underground).
Say you have 200 friends and so on. So 200^6 or something is 64 trillion in the 6 degrees of separation.

mayney93

Aug 3, 2009
kevin bacon would be good, and on your comment april i don't think it works like that, it means of all the 6 billion people in the world you can know anyone through 6 freinds of freinds etc

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I just looked it up, it seems like a likely concept, it could work just not with every person on earth. Most, but not all.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Hmm...yeah maybe

Me: My dad: Christine Noonan: Malcolm McDowell: Stanley Kubrick...