SouthPeak Delays Two Worlds II Without Warning

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
SouthPeak Delays Two Worlds II Without Warning

Hey, guys? It doesn't bode well when you delay your game on one continent and decide to indefinitely withhold it from another.

<a href=http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-2-Xbox-360/dp/B0016NRS8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284708217&sr=8-1>Two Worlds II was supposedly going to hit store shelves this week, but it seems that SouthPeak Games has quietly delayed the game's released without warning. The new release date here in North America is now October 5th. In Europe, however, no new release date has been announced.

No reason for the delay was announced, and the publisher is being especially mysterious when it comes to details about the European release. According to Eurogamer:

The plot thickened when Eurogamer asked for clarification on when the sprawling fantasy RPG will be released: "TBC," we were told by the publisher. TBC? For a game supposedly due out this autumn?

Retailer ShopTo increased suspicion of a delay, telling Eurogamer that publisher SouthPeak had said "late October at the earliest" when the two companies spoke "the other day".

Of course, it bears noting that SouthPeak might just be holding off on announcing any details abecause it doesn't know if copies of Two Worlds II will be seized before they can be sold in stores. Such was the case last month, when <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102632-40-000-Court-Seized-SouthPeak-Games-Sell-For-50-000>some 40,000 game copies were seized and promptly auctioned off for a pittance of their actual worth.

So, if you happen to live in Europe and were really looking forward to Two Worlds II, it looks like you're up the proverbial creek without a paddle for the time being. Try to look at it this way: Those of us in North America who end up playing the game before you do will basically be guinea pigs, saving you a headache if the game's <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102324-Two-Worlds-II-Trailers-Mercilessly-Mock-Two-Worlds>as bad as its predecessor was.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-16-southpeak-cagey-on-two-worlds-ii-date>Eurogamer

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
"So, if you happen to live in Europe and were really looking forward to Two Worlds II".

Unless they purge the memories of the first game from my mind (my poor, defenceless mind!) then there's no danger of that.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Shame. This game is actually shaping up rather well, from all of the hands-on previews that I've read.

It's not looking nearly as shitty as Two Worlds 1.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
I saw this coming. The release date always seemed a little early to me.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Hm...The first one was crap. But I had heard they tried hard to make this one much better. I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer for the reviews.eh... *shrug*

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
wait... they just announced this now..? on Gamestop and on Wikiepdia it has been saying October 5th for awhile now...

Onyx Oblivion said:
Shame. This game is actually shaping up rather well, from all of the hands-on previews that I've read.

It's not looking nearly as shitty as Two Worlds 1.
Destructoid articles I assume. XD (I read the comments and saw you on there.)

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Do they honestly expected to sell copies of this game? The first one was so horifically bad that when I walked into gamestop to sell my copy back the guy behind the counter just sighed and said *Here to sell back Two Worlds?" before I even showed him what game I had.

The fact they had the gall to even create a sequel baffles me as they ruined their reputation with the first one.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
Do they honestly expected to sell copies of this game? The first one was so horifically bad that when I walked into gamestop to sell my copy back the guy behind the counter just sighed and said *Here to sell back Two Worlds?" before I even showed him what game I had.

The fact they had the gall to even create a sequel baffles me as they ruined their reputation with the first one.
Apparently, its coming out to be really good. All the previews I have seen (which is many), say the game is coming out be really really good.

Got it on preorder. :)

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Korten12 said:
KeyMaster45 said:

Apparently, its coming out to be really good. All the previews I have seen (which is many), say the game is coming out be really really good.

I really have to wonder why they called it "Two Worlds II" then. I mean, they have to know that for the most part Two Worlds wasn't exactly a well loved title. You'd think they'd try to distance themselves from that as much as possible.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
#%#$%@#$^#%^#$^@#$@#%!@$%@#$%!@%@$%@! I wanted this game! Why must you toy with us you SouthPeak jerks!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
After Two Worlds 1 and X-Blades, is anyone really looking forward to anything SouthPeak is making?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Amnestic said:
Korten12 said:
KeyMaster45 said:

I really have to wonder why they called it "Two Worlds II" then. I mean, they have to know that for the most part Two Worlds wasn't exactly a well loved title. You'd think they'd try to distance themselves from that as much as possible.
I read somewhere why.. I know the game continues the same story but for ppl who didn't play the first their will be like a introduction. But I can't remember where but they said another reason also why they didn't give it a new name.

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
For some reason, after spending some time, I ended up liking the first Two Worlds. I know it was mostly a joke, but the customization and exploration made it worth the $20 I paid for it. With all the stuff I've been seeing on the new one, I was actually looking forward to 2. This makes yet another game I'll be grabbing in October, then.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Amnestic said:
Korten12 said:
KeyMaster45 said:

Two Worlds II: 4 Worlds?

I did enjoy the original for all its weird campyness.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
I loved the original Two Worlds even for its complete lack of being a finished game. My copy got scratched before I could finish it though, and I'm not sure it is worth another 12 bucks...

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
never played 2w1 just because what i had read about it reactions were mixed at best and mostly negative.

did not even know the second one was due out umm in a week or whatever lol. so meh, one game that reviews will either help it or kill it.