How Plants vs. Zombies Could Save The Military-Industrial Complex

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
How Plants vs. Zombies Could Save The Military-Industrial Complex

If you want to protect sensitive military secrets, start by keeping zombies off your lawn.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
What? Is that the whole news post?

EDIT: To avoid confusion it should be noted when I commented, only the first sentence was actually in the post.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Icecoldcynic said:
What? Is that the whole news post?
What more are you after?

I think it's a great analogy. They should use it in movies where the heroic hacker has to break into secret files with waves of "Cyber-Zombies".

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
pvz will take over the world it seems if the defense department is using it. maybe we can get the taliban to play it instead of moh or cod.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
In before people stating that they won't support Popcap because of this.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Wow. Ummm...I don't know if this is weird or anything, but I just came from reading the Critical Miss comic and then to this one and I read "Rick Doten" as "Rotten Dick". Yeah...Amazing what the mind does.

And this is...very interesting. I don't know if I like the comparison, but its definitely interesting to hear it put this way.

Psychemaster

Everything in Moderation
Aug 18, 2008
You know what? I like this. Taking a well-known idea (the gameplay mechanic of Plants vs. Zombies) and applying it to a field that very few people would normally understand (network security) is a great thing, generally furthering public knowledge of a given subject.

It also really makes me want to play Plants vs. Zombies.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
I kind of hoped they would realise certain PvsZ weapons...
(and I've been ninja'd, mmh)

Still, sounds like a good idea. Anything using PvsZ is a good idea. Always.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
InterAirplay said:
Yeah, Doten. Because bombs and advanced weapons are "cool".

On a lighter note, let's see the detractors say games are worthless after hearing about this!
A lot of people think they are, yes.

Cadapalo

Jun 8, 2010
You guys are missing the big picture. Its obvious what the military is doing. They are secretly trying to build a plant army for covert missions because after all who could suspect a cherry to be harmful.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
Wow. Ummm...I don't know if this is weird or anything, but I just came from reading the Critical Miss comic and then to this one and I read "Rick Doten" as "Rotten Dick". Yeah...Amazing what the mind does.

And this is...very interesting. I don't know if I like the comparison, but its definitely interesting to hear it put this way.
I thought the exact same thing, but I didn't read CM yet. I also saw it as Dick Roten...

OT: And this is actually really cool. It seems like a great analogy, but I kinda have to take it at face value. Hopefully this guy knows what he's talking about and, since he works at Lockheed, I assume he does.