The Super Mega-Awesome New York Comic Con Cosplay Gallery

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
The Super Mega-Awesome New York Comic Con Cosplay Gallery

There were just so many amazingly awesome cosplayers at New York Comic Con 2010 that we had to show you all of them.

Any convention based on comic books is all about fans dressing up as their favorite characters and strutting their stuff for adoring fans. I was thoroughly impressed with the showing at this year's San Diego Comic Con [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/op-ed/7894-Costumes-of-Comic-Con-2010], but must admit that New York's show this weekend totally blew San Diego out of the water. I'd say that close to 50 percent of the attendees of NYCC 2010 were dressed up as something, especially on Saturday which was prime day for many fans to attend.

Not every costume was awesome (I'm looking at you, guy in the gorilla mask) but there were so many great cosplayers that we decided to show you over a hundred photos of the best costumes we saw over the weekend. Believe me, we culled these 105 photographs down from the hundreds that we took over the weekend. Check them out in our handy-dandy gallery:

[gallery=28]

I loved the Ghostbuster with Slimer attached to his proton pack, and the little girl posing as Wonder Woman with Silk Spectre, a Power Ranger and Nite Owl was just precious, while [user]Susan Arendt[/user] was partial to Krypto the Superdog. Tell us which costumes were your favorites in the comments.

If you're in the cosplay viewing mood, why don't you click on over to our galleries from at the Tokyo Game Show [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/paxprime2010/8091-The-Costumes-of-PAX-Prime-2010].

If video is more your bag when it comes to viewing cosplay, our team captured some amazing footage of the costumes at Dragon Con in Atlanta [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/2075-The-Costumes-of-Dragon-Con].

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I'm disappointed at the lack of Chell, the Portal Gun, and the robotic Companion Cube. Also at the lack of Issac Clarke.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Brilliant, and really awesome.

I'm thinking of dressing up as Dr. McNinja for the upcoming MCM Expo in London. Thing is that I have to walk around with a ski-mask/motorcycle mask all freakin' day.

I don't think that's very comfy, not to mention annoying when you want to buy some merchandise. And taking it on and off all the time...

SteveZim1017

Jan 14, 2009
why are the slideshow thumbnails all focused on everyones junk?

I know us comic book nerds can be pervs at times but lets try to keep up at least a facade of normality here!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
SteveZim1017 said:
why are the slideshow thumbnails all focused on everyones junk?

I know us comic book nerds can be pervs at times but lets try to keep up at least a facade of normality here!
It's just how it crops for the gallery. Click on the picture to see the full awesomeness.

One picture I'm really disappointed I couldn't get was of this guy in Avatar makeup - on stilts. It was amazing.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
It's just how it crops for the gallery. Click on the picture to see the full awesomeness.

One picture I'm really disappointed I couldn't get was of this guy in Avatar makeup - on stilts. It was amazing.
Roughly 1/3 of the pictures give me "File Not Found" errors when I try to see the full thing. Not sure if it's on my end, but I'm inclined to think not.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Agayek said:
Susan Arendt said:

Roughly 1/3 of the pictures give me "File Not Found" errors when I try to see the full thing. Not sure if it's on my end, but I'm inclined to think not.
Oof. Ok, lemme go kick the hamster and we'll see if it improves.

Just hum some elevator music to yourself in the interim.

PLEASE HOLD!

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
Humming my elevator music. hmmm hmmmm.

Most of the pics that have loaded are just inspiring. I wish I had such skills at costume making!

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Agayek said:
ditto, tis quite annoying

That black Ryu and Ken made me sad face though. Ryu is most definitely not blonde...

And the day i see a good Berserk cosplay is the day i'll be happy about cosplay...

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I saw a guy that was pushing 7ft tall and dressed as Thor. It was pretty amazing. Plus, there was a group of people who came together as characters from the X-Men. I would say there were probably 12 - 15 characters just in that group.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I'm even sadder now that I couldn't attend like I planed on doing. (in this:

(almost done w/ it)

The Fem'Buster made me sad, (you can do better than that! Lookit wat I was able to make!:
and the best from the gallery were Optimus, the TF2 peeps and the Old Spice guy.

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
The man in the Ra's Al Ghul outfit in photo 102 wins, hands down.

Likewise, the Batman Beyond costume is all sorts of awesome.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Gerrawn said:
The guy that dressed up as the Old Spice guy just won at life.
This is truth. Plus, he was easily one of the most comfortable people at the show. It was stifling hot in there, but his costume was very well air conditioned. :)