The Super Mega-Awesome New York Comic Con Cosplay Gallery

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Hmm, maybe it's me but I find the gallery neither handy nor dandy. It IS a nice gallery if you have, say, 15 or 20 pictures - but 100 pictures makes it near impossible to go back and find the one you want quickly. Unless there's some functionality that I'm missing here.

However, I LOVE seeing so many cool costume pictures. If it comes to annoying gallery or no pictures I'll take the pictures any time ;) Just kick your javascript coder into gear and make him throw you a multi-page forward or image picker or something.

I will say, I was highly amused by the Professor Layton group, even if it wasn't the BEST costume I really got a kick out of it! Probably my favorite.

Jan 13, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Gerrawn said:
The guy that dressed up as the Old Spice guy just won at life.
This is truth. Plus, he was easily one of the most comfortable people at the show. It was stifling hot in there, but his costume was very well air conditioned. :)
Best cosplay on that con for sure.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Fantoompje said:
Susan Arendt said:
Gerrawn said:
The guy that dressed up as the Old Spice guy just won at life.
This is truth. Plus, he was easily one of the most comfortable people at the show. It was stifling hot in there, but his costume was very well air conditioned. :)
Best cosplay on that con for sure.
I'm inclined to agree actually! I didn't get to see him, but man is that hysterical!

Heres mine from Friday =D

andddd

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
I'm sorry to cosplayer #6, but that is, without any doubt and exaggeration, the creepiest Na'vi cosplay I have ever seen.

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
Due to me bein' a righteous (sorry if i murdered the spelling of that word) DC mark, i'm partial to the Justice League group (J'ohn J'onzz, Black Canary, Batman, Superman), cringed a lil' with the Red Ranger wearin' Green Ranger's shield (don't judge me), but that Optimus Prime costume was f*cking epic!

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
#11 - Way to think outside the box and go with Static. Same for the guy in #82 going as Black Lightning.
#37 - Riddle me this! Fly, fatass, fly!
#40 - I knew Cloud had a giant-ass sword, but my god, let's talk proportions here!
#42 - Who doesn't love Henchmen? They have that perfect blend of expendability and invulnerability!
#63 - Again, way to think outside the box with the Old Spice Guy. But points deducted for not being on a horse.
#96 - Benett The Sage cosplaying as Thor?

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Brilliant, and really awesome.

I'm thinking of dressing up as Dr. McNinja for the upcoming MCM Expo in London. Thing is that I have to walk around with a ski-mask/motorcycle mask all freakin' day.

I don't think that's very comfy, not to mention annoying when you want to buy some merchandise. And taking it on and off all the time...
Will you have a mustachioed 12 year old accompanying you?

Chris 'Chaos' Voce

Oct 3, 2010
#40 Now i don't really know that much about final fantasy but god damn that sword is huge as hell. Must be a pain in the ass to carry around all day long.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
That first Spider-Man pic (the original costume) wins in my book.

Batman Beyond comes in a very close second.
Also, for some reason I thought the guy in the Superman costume really pulled it off; cheeks seem a bit chubby, but overall he's got the right build, posture and face for the whole thing to work.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
I was excited when I saw the Yukari Yakumo thumbnail, but I was disappointed to see that it was (yet another) crossplay. Admittedly though, it could have been a lot worse. Maybe because his face is covered by the fan.

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
I was excited when I saw the Yukari Yakumo thumbnail, but I was disappointed to see that it was (yet another) crossplay. Admittedly though, it could have been a lot worse. Maybe because his face is covered by the fan.
Thank god he wasn't dressed as Reimu. *shudders* Oh, and Derek (yes you, Derek), I asked for a fun run n' gun game, not Gradius on crack. Next time, recommend me something else that doesn't have me taking aspirin every two minutes.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
It was nice to see a scout trooper rather than the normal storm trooper.

Also out of the two TF2 pics the one with the angry medic had more kick. Time for your medicine!

Batman beyond was cool too.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Hm. Interesting mix of depressingly hideous to balls-explodingly awesome.

Image 10: Is it just me or does the one on the left look oddly similar to Ed Boon?

Image 80: This tickles my funny bone. I admire your style, gentlemen.

Image 89: Keep sucking it in, Bats. I'm sure no one will notice.

Image 21: Now that's dedication. And cool.

Image 103: That is goddamn awesome.

Image 63: Good sir, I do not exaggerate when I say that if you were gay and attracted to me, I'd let go of my sexual preferences for a night. I do believe you've won every conceivable prize in existence, as well as a few others.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Pretty much par for the course: some really good, some meh, some HOLY HELL MY EYES and one or two WTF choices. Old Spice guy in particular was a large WTF. I mean, come on, he's ONLY WEARING A TOWEL.

C-45

Apr 2, 2010
My two favorite have got to be the female sniper and optomus prime. There was only one I didn't like #105 seriously man at least get the color of bow tie right. But they still get an A for trying to go as Dr.who.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
fanklok said:
Will you have a mustachioed 12 year old accompanying you?
Actually, I'll have a 17 year old Doctor Horrible fangirl accompanying me. So I might just wear the Captain Hammer t-shirt she gave me.

And FYI, she's my niece, so ladies... I'm all yours.