Amazing Crossover Cameo Infiltrates Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Amazing Crossover Cameo Infiltrates Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

sent in the images you see here, revealing ninja-Raiden as an alternate unlockable costume for Ezio in the upcoming Brotherhood. The tipster claims that the Raiden skin is unlocked by fully completing the Animus' new training mode, which seems like a bit of an easy task for unlocking a costume that looks this cool - but I'm not going to complain.

This isn't the first time that Metal Gear and the Assassin's Creed universe have bumped heads - AC1 protagonist Altair's white robe was an alternate outfit for Solid Snake in MGS4 after an infamous(ly cool) April Fools' joke [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxw91PSTRq8]. It's good to see these two different franchises and different companies coming together with the goal of stabbing people in the face.

Yes, Mr. Kojima, I like it. I like it quite a bit.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is out in North America on November 16, 2010, and the rest of the world shortly thereafter.

(Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/03/metal-gear-raiden-joins-assassins-creed-brotherhood])

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
If you're actually concerned about spoiling this for people then take the "!" part out of the description on the front page. That makes it painfully obvious that the character is from MGS.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Whuuuuuuuuuut? Okay, that's pretty cool. It just came out of nowhere.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
This is actually quite awesome. Though it would be more awesome if it was from Ubisoft game. How about Splinter Cell costume :D

Where's my Morpheus badge already?!

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Mind blown!

Seriously, that is a nice move on both companies parts. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to getting Brotherhood, goddamn x-mas! Hurry the hell up!

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Obligatory.

Seriously, the "/!\" gives it away faster than those searchlights on the helipad.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
With that arse of an ending in ACII, it sounds like I'll have to pick this one up. Maybe just a rental, but things have gotten interesting.

snowman6251 said:
If you're actually concerned about spoiling this for people then take the "!" part out of the description on the front page. That makes it painfully obvious that the character is from MGS.
Are you sure? I guess I need to play more MGS...

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
snowman6251 said:
Have to agree, though my first thought was Solid Snake, not Raiden. Still, I imagine this could lead to a lot of amusement.

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
You know, if you guys were REALLY sensitive to spoilers, you wouldn't make it so obvious what the cameo was from... and put the name of the series in the tags. At this point, it's clearly Snake or Raiden, so I just went ahead and fully spoiled it for myself.

I frequent many game sites, and this was the only one that spoiled it for me.

Jamiemitsu

Oct 25, 2009
Nice! however, as said before, it does look a tad out of place. Badass as hell, though!

Dec 14, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Badarse. Although I won't use it, as it looks extremely out of place.
I will use it, as it looks extremely in place.

Considering the freaky technology going on at the end of Assassin's Creed II it kinda makes sense.

And speaking of the ending...

sooperman said:
With that arse of an ending in ACII, it sounds like I'll have to pick this one up. Maybe just a rental, but things have gotten interesting.
The ending wasn't as bad as the first Assassin's Creed's was, it actually explained someting to you rather than
give you a room full of blood writing.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
I know why it's given to you so easily. It's a pile of crap that will never get used. Even Altairs costume didn't fit in the second game so to be honest this will just annoy me.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
i wont use it on my first play through.....i like to have everything looking right

but on my second?

Raiden will be stalking the citys rooftops

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Oh dammit, now part of me wants to get this game. If only because I want to play as Raiden without bothering with Rising or MGO.