Lionhead Still Working on Fable III for PC

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Lionhead Still Working on Fable III for PC

Never fear, PC gamers: You'll still get to start your very own revolution in the land of Albion, but you might have to wait a little while longer.

Fable III was ended up pretty decent overall [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100830-Fable-III-Confirmed-for-PC].

Earlier today, developer Lionhead offered reassuring words to PC gamers who were getting antsy to overthrow their despotic brother as the ruler of Industrial-era Albion. "Fable 3 PC Version is still in development here at Lionhead so PC GAMERS don't panic," the studio said via Twitter [http://twitter.com/LionheadStudios/statuses/4929774602424320]. "We'll announce details when we're ready to do so."

With the holiday season right around the corner, it's beginning to seem dubious that the PC will see Fable III by the New Year. Of course, that could always be to gamers' benefit - if it comes out in the post-holiday doldrums, you'd have more time to play it that isn't being consumed by the other games trying to squeeze onto shelves in time for holiday shopping.

The first Fable hit PCs with a bunch of additional content that hadn't been in the original Xbox version. Given that the first batch of DLC is slated to hit the Xbox 360 version of Fable III on November 23rd, It'd be great if - as a demonstration to its commitment to the PC as a gaming platform - Microsoft could do the same this third time around.

At the very least, they can use the additional development time to hammer out the bugs in the game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8249-Review-Fable-3], right?

(via G4TV [http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/708689/Fable-3-For-PC-Still-In-Development-Says-Lionhead.html])

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Let me know when MS start promising (and delivering) something mildly interesting so that we may be "saved".

Holy_Handgrenade

Feb 16, 2009
It's to late microsoft, I'm with steam now, she treats me better then you ever did!

On topic, Microsoft trying to "support" pc gaming seems a little half-hearted and just words.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
I've actually cancelled my pre-order.

It's more about principle rather than having the game, at least for me. Microsoft have, over the years, treated the PC gamer as a second class citizen. We got a number of ports, and some of them were actually pretty good as far as ports go (Gears of War, for example), but what happened is they seemed to forget we exist.

We've not had:
Gears of War 2,
Halo 3 thru Reach,
Viva Pinata's other releases,
Fable 2,
Alan Wake (Dropped months before release),
And I'm sure there's more.

I don't trust MS to release Fable 3, to be honest. I would expect to see it pushed back indefinitely or released at some silly point next year amongst the heavier hitters - Dragon Age 2, The Witcher 2, etc.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
I'm kind of pissed its taking so long. They promised me Fable III. Where the fuck is my Fable III you pricks?

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I was given the impression by GAME that it would be released next month.

Guhungus" post="7.245544.8978558 said:
I hope some of the DLC released for Fable III will be fairly substantial. I personally felt the game to be lacking in content and quite linear in terms of exploration and what you do once crowned king (I don't think that's a spoiler, right?).

Overall, I wouldn't worry too much, PC gamers. You aren't missing a whole lot.[/quote

I had already played the original Fable when it came out but after I got Fable 2 I became a huge Fable fanboy, I was practically jumping in the air when Fable 3 was announced and if it wasn't coming to PC I would have bought another 360 when mine broke. So yeah, I want my Fable now.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
If it takes a few more months for Fable III PC, I'm okay with that, as long as we get some free DLC and/or mod support. Seriously, something that would actually give people a reason to get it on PC other then said person/people not owning a 360.

coldalarm said:
Halo 3 thru Reach,
Do you really wanna play ODST? I mean REALLY

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Maybe it will come packaged with a PC version of Fable 2 as well...

Arctodus_Simus

When I say "oo", you say "long"
Aug 23, 2010
I'll be excited about Fable 3 coming to PC, as soon as Fable 2 comes out for it.

Played and loved the first, but why would I want to play the third whilst skipping the second?

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
XShrike said:
Golf clap
QFT!

On Topic:

Well, M$ has to make sure everybody who is the least bit interested in Fable 3 bought the console version and thats usually around 4-6 months after release. It's the only reason for a company to postpone a release for almost half a year. Eventually money makes the world go round...

P.S.: Can anyone name 10 major titles in the past 2 years that were released simultaneously on the consoles and the PC?

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
OK people, will you all just stop encouraging Molyneaux.

Not even once, has the shit he spouted about any of his games actually resembled the final product, the guy should just go crawl under a rock and leave gaming alone.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Good. At least they have the time to make it a proper PC port, not a shoddy crappy port.

RyanKaufman

May 31, 2010
I think they shouldn't port it. No offense to PC gamers but unless you're poor, (in which case you shouldn't be getting the game new anyway) you just use the PC to mod. I've never met a PC gamer who thought the PC was better. I mean, it costs as much to upgrade your PC so there isn't lag as it does to buy a 360, so you really have no excuse.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
RyanKaufman said:
I think they shouldn't port it. No offense to PC gamers but unless you're poor, (in which case you shouldn't be getting the game new anyway) you just use the PC to mod. I've never met a PC gamer who thought the PC was better. I mean, it costs as much to upgrade your PC so there isn't lag as it does to buy a 360, so you really have no excuse.
...I'm not going to go into an in depth argument on the merits of PC gaming.
But stop saying uninformed buggery like this.